Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cwGwkupmWk
Jenny spending 45 minutes talking about how bad Beastly is.

And the Wii exclusive alternate ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That poor, poor bingo card

https://twitter.com/jacobmercy/status/1331038070888685570

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Possibly the worst thing of all is that the dumb parody that Mike and Jacob were responsible for a few months ago not only called some of the bullshit this was going to pull but was also better written and handled the dumb references in more organic ways

This poo poo, you really cannot make it up

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bedurndurn posted:

I probably shouldn't judge, but why did all you assholes buy this book if it's poo poo and you knew it'd be poo poo?

Excuse me, this is a Something Awfuls

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's arguably still the best film adaptation of the book

That's the risk you run with riffing a good movie that's not inherently silly

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Looking they also did Endgame but I think Batman v Superman barely edges that out.

Not if they only did the theatrical BvS

BvS theatrical is only 2 hours 32 minutes, a minute longer than WW84

Endgame is 3 hours 1 minute, which is basically the same as BvS Ultimate Edition

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe its just me but it seems fairly offensive to include Native Americans in your explicitly Christian apocalypse movie.

Welcome to the 80s and 90s baby

70s too almost forgot about Manitou

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Student Bodies is a 1981 horror comedy that's

Very interesting. It's a Mel Brooks-style (I'd say Airplane but it predates it) riff on the horror genre as it stood- a weird mismash of Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Black Christmas

It's not an all time great movie, its very dated in a lot of respects, but its worth watching I think. In this case, dated means more that the style of comedy can feel archaic, beats and jokes go on for too long or don't quite hit the mark and some of the jokes are obtuse to the point where you're not sure if they're references or the movie's own invention. There are a few jokes that haven't aged well, there always are, and I kind of get the feeling that the people who made it did not like the genre very much

But its got some good stuff to it and its a fascinating view into this early section of 80s horror

this is the wrong thread I now realize

Ah well enjoy the post

Burkion fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 27, 2021

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Canned Panda posted:

I think you guys are going to really enjoy this!

We will hold you personally responsible if we do not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Watched the Twilight riff for the first time in

At *least* five six years

One of my favorites, some really great goddamn jokes, the movie is pitch perfect for the riffing, great banter between the guys

Also holy poo poo some of those jokes have actively curdled and rotted holy *poo poo* some of those jokes yikes. It's really kind of unfortunate because it's an all timer of a riffing, but then you just have a random out of no where trans joke thrown in