Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Watched Demon Island today. Very entertaining!

quote:

Stretching the very idea of what a piñata can look like, and almost certainly our first “evil piñata” film, it’s Demon Island!

Hundreds of years ago, a shaman in a remote village took all the evil impulses out of his people and put them into a clay “piñata” shaped like a demon. Then the villagers sent the clay piñata floating down a river. If the piñata is ever smashed, all that evil will be released upon the world and cause endless destruction. So hey, what could go wrong?

The answer, as always: COLLEGE KIDS. Specifically, fraternity and sorority kids who go to the titular island for an underwear scavenger hunt. Thrill as Jaime Pressly and the guy who played Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer struggle to provide romantic tension in this pseudo Spring Break adventure. But then, whaddaya know, a couple of stoned sophomores find the ancient clay demon - which they somehow recognize as a piñata - and smash it open, releasing all kinds of adorable heck. He’s a cute little clay demon who runs around on his cute little legs and wreaks all kinds of cute bloody havoc on the partying coeds. Cute!

Imagine your ugliest stuffed animal coming to life and sort of awkwardly chasing you around with a stick, and you’ll start to fathom the terror of this movie. Grab a bottle of Fireball, or whatever college kids drink these days, and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for a cruise over to Demon Island!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rad VoD is scheduled for November 3rd.

As for The Five Doctors, it doesn't look like that's in the cards. Let's just say the BBC are being dicks about it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

23 Amityville movies in the last 5 years alone.

And I believe there are 56 movies total

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Us beautiful people need to stick together!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Antiquated Pants posted:

Does anyone know why they never completed the Hunger Games series? I figured they would've been big sellers, but they seem to be doing less big budget movies these days.

They never finished the series because the first one just didn't do the numbers they expected, so they decided not to put the time and effort into doing any more.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

God drat that industrial accident short in GrimTrax was a spectacle!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I don't think I've ever actually posted about it in this thread, but I host a podcast with a friend that's all (mostly) about RiffTrax. We try to keep it short-ish, with most episodes being between an hour to an hour and a half. We're definitely small time, but we really just do it because we like RiffTrax so much.

Anyway, it's called the True Blue Riffcast if anyone wants to check it out. It's pretty much on every podcast platform.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I think we're probably rather close to this year's Kickstarter. Last year it was launched on Feb. 22.

Any dream riffs from you guys? I will always be hoping for Masters of the Universe (even though I don't think we'd ever get it).

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

It was also weird to me that they just stopped with the first Hunger Games movie when the sequels went off the rails.

The first Hunger Games didn't sell enough for them to follow up with any others.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

You know what? Re-riff Troll 2 for live audiences.

A re-riff of Troll 2 IS something that I have heard a few staffers say they want to do. That would be a great Live show!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Waiting for that dude who always complains about editing stuff out.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I buy weird poo poo thanks to RiffTrax.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

I can't believe you actually bought Radical Jack.

I found it at a secondhand store for $.25 and couldn't pass it up.

I'm broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

They did it...the crazy bastards actually did it!

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-amazing-bulk

quote:

For years, people have been asking us to riff The Amazing Bulk. And for years, we have hidden under a bed hoping those people won’t find us.

Well, at last, it’s happened. The big purple grainy digital hand of the Bulk has smashed our hiding place. It’s infamous, it’s unbelievable - but decidedly NOT Incredible - it’s The Amazing Bulk!

How to describe this movie? First of all, it may not be a “movie.” It seems like it was assembled by pressing “random shuffle” on a piece of video software from the '90s, then pouring the results into a blender with a “superhero movie” button. The core premise may sound familiar: a scientist becomes a giant colorful monster after a lab accident, complicating his relationship with his girlfriend whose father is an Army general who wants him destroyed. And, of course, there is a maniacal supervillain with a vaguely European accent and a monocle. Sounds simple enough! The twist is, all of these characters inhabit some forgotten back corner of the uncanny valley. Their entire world, from the cars to the furniture to the monkeys to the leprechaun - yes, there is a leprechaun - looks to be made from low-resolution screensavers downloaded via Limewire twenty-five years ago. Even the chairs are fake. The chairs!

Few movies will make you say “oh my God” as many times per minute as this one. It must be seen to be believed, and it’s best seen with the help of Mike, Kevin, and Bill. Join them in the nether realms of a special digital hell called The Amazing Bulk!

Written by: Mike Nelson, Conor Lastowka, Sean Thomason, Jason Miller, and Zach Shatzer