Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

It's also named dropped in Whizzo. "Please note that this is twice as long as setting up a room."

I don't think it's possible to watch Whizzo sober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Hold on a second, Whizzo was a TV series?! :monocle: I barely remember watching Bozo the clown broadcast by WGN and that looked like Citizen Kane compared to Whizzo.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I got to say the twitch channel has been very helpful in sorting through the ones that I want to purchase and the ones that I absolutely cannot stand to watch. I am very glad the twitch channel introduced me to Horror Express. Less so about Frankenstein Island, Bigfoot, and Balloonland, Whizzo, etc.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I'm reminded of when people offered to create intentionally bad movies for MST3K to riff so the sci-fi channel wouldn't have to take it off the air.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I wish they'd announce when something was getting pulled. I'd love to have legit copies of Megaforce and Wizards of the Lost Kingdom in my collection.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I am currently 49 minutes into my first viewing of Rollergator.

My sincerest condolences. Rollergator's right up there with A Talking Cat and the James Nguyen movies as too incompetent to be funny and the riffs don't save it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Which is worse, Rollergator guitar noodling or Mesa of Lost Women guitar noodling?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Does this mean the Twitch channel is going away? I only saw a few on the streaming list that weren't on Twitch (or got pulled for being too weird or offensive like Yambao or the Amazing Two-Headed Transplant).

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I definitely prefer VODs over mp3s. I remember when MST3K did the blockbuster review episodes on the Syfy channel and made fun of Armageddon and Titanic and those weren't as fun. There's something about an earnestly done film project that's inherently funnier than a by-the-numbers box office flop.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Mister Kingdom posted:

She also said there are a couple of the Teenagers movies they'd like to do, but can't find decent copies.

Awesome. After seeing one of them (I think it was on the Twitch channel?) I bought all four of them. I hope they find nice looking copies soon.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Golden Bee posted:

The teen canteen series on Tubi is great. It’s clear someone put some effort into making these mix up plots. Sometimes the jokes are adequate but they’re seldom terrible.

I saw one of them on the Twitch channel and I went to the RiffTrax site and bought all the ones they riffed. They're really fascinating and I'm not exactly sure why. I'm hoping they find decent copies of the ones they have yet to riff because I wouldn't mind seeing all of the series.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Barudak posted:

3 more episodes of Brits talking over a failed spookternatural anthology series? Don't mind if I do

The first episode in that one has Eddy Crane in it!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

quote:

Contains scenes of attempted sexual assault, smoking, bloody 80s violence, incessant slap bass, 80s nudity, sexual situations, adult 80s language, and a "butt knife"

Welp, I'm sold.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Atomic Eden has Fred Williamson AND Lorenzo Lamas though.

THE Lorenzo Lamas.

It IS him.

Seriously.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I have a soft spot for the bits of the serial done in J-Men Forever.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I own more of the worst sellers than the bestsellers, probably because the latter get played all the time on the Twitch channel.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

AvesPKS posted:

I'm rewatching Galaxy Invader for like the 100th time. So good.

Cinematic Titanic's Alien Factor is by the same director and both really scratch an itch.

"You make me wish my sister and I never had kids!"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

No waiting!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Greg Sestero's doing a meet and greet in a nearby city and there'll be a double feature of The Room and his self-directed horror film. Tickets are 20 for just The Room and 23 for both. Really considering it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

RandomPauI posted:

How is Project Eliminator?

I bought it with my Black Friday coupon and to be honest I wasn't all that impressed. It was a dumb by the numbers action movie and there weren't any laugh out loud moments for me.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Wait--how are people getting these coupons?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I just checked my account and I wasn't signed up for the mailing list. :( I am now though.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Davros1 posted:

The only bad thing about The Teenagers films are there are eight of them, but Rifftrax can't find decent prints of the last four, meaning we'll probably never get them riffed.

I'm a masochist because I saw one of the teenager films on the twitch channel and bought the others that were available and the ranch one when it came out. The clips I've seen of the others are in pretty terrible condition. I really hope they can find it decent copies that don't cost an arm and a leg because the riffs would likely be day one purchases for me.

You know what else I'd like to see them riff? Nature shows. Not just the ones that they did with National Geographic. If they could get the rights to the 80s specials that would be fabulous.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The incongruous dubbed voice of Santa in Feeders 2 never fails to make me giggle.

Which means a lot of explaining if I'm listening to the Twitch stream at work.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm still sad that Weird Al would not sign my poster with "Quality, Freshness, Flavor" last year, but seeing his utter confusion and then the moment where he realized what I was talking about was worth it.

I was startled at his vehemence during the Xmas shorts live show. How much of that was an act? But he did a little ditty during the birthday message at the Return of Swamp Thing live show, so hopefully they're all buddies?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

By popular demand posted:

Turns out Rifftrax has licensed some content to TubiTv which is a streaming service that currently is free and requires no account.
got like 130 films there
https://tubitv.com/search/Rifftrax%20

Surprisingly available in my region.

They have McBain and it seems to work, so if you didn't buy it before they pulled it, here's your chance to see it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

MrMidnight posted:

Why was McBain pulled? Have they pulled other movies?

They probably lost the rights to it. Off the top of my head I can think of some others: Nightmare at Noon, flight to Mars, Megaforce, Wizards of the Lost Kingdom. Occasionally they'll lose rights to one (like the Christopher Lee Sherlock Holmes movie they did) and get the rights back. They won't take it away from you if you bought it, but if it was something you missed out on, it may be gone for good. I think their version of Wizards of the Lost Kingdom was live for two or three days before it got pulled.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

:filez:

Then give RiffTrax the money. https://www.rifftrax.com/donate

I also do this with the DumbIndustries stuff (Trace and Frank's riffing thing) because it's not their fault the only streaming options open to them have terrible service and UIs. I buy tickets to their events and I just get them later. (And since Chris Gersbeck is known to lurk wherever filez are mentioned, JFC man, how hard is it to put up a tip jar on your website.)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Lumbermouth posted:

Everything is 20% off through Monday and I am stocking up on Bridget and Mary Jo riffing 90s made for TV movies, as should all of you.

They're also offering $17 credit for spending $50 or more, plus the Megaforce audio riff track for spending any amount.

"I'm........LEGOLAS!"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Has anyone watched these? Seems kind of interesting.

https://twitter.com/MatthewJElliot1/status/1710371862427922795

I bought the first two as a day one purchase and now I will buy this one, so thank you!

The Brit riffers are like Mary Jo and Bridget in that you will find them funnier if you like their style of humor. Though Matthew has writer credits on a bunch of MJB ones. I like BritTrax I like dry British humor with a lot of wordplay. Beyond the Veil... It's easy to see why it was never picked up for TV. I almost feel like it was meant to be a radio series but instead got produced for TV. They're like the mildest, least thought provoking Twilight zone episodes. "Shut up Iris" from the MST3k episode The beatniks has a small part in the second one as the son of an Italian country doctor (played by Karloff) and they don't even try an Italian accent, it's hilarious.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The Don Dohlerverse is a day-one purchase for me, RiffTrax. :pray:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

MrMidnight posted:

Just watched one of their "Why aren't they in jail?" riffs. Guess which one: "Us beautiful people have to stick together! :biglips:"

I picked up Paradise Hotel during one of the holiday sales, hoping for a Suburban Sasquatch or Winter beast, and it fell short. It's just kinda...there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

As soon as I saw the email, I bought it, and it did not disappoint. Bravo, RiffTrax.