Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, what is the deal with classic sci-fi movies going to the Moon and finding a cave full of air?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched Cat-Women of the Moon last night as it is on Amazon Prime and it's super loving bizarre how once they get to the moon it is almost exactly the same plot as Missile to the Moon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Bridget and Mary Jo short Duties of a Secretary is amazing. Although you can basically say that about every Bridget and Mary Jo short.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gavok posted:

With the shorts-based RiffTrax Live and the site reaching its 300th short, I'm adding to a listicle I did of the 25 strangest RiffTrax shorts. For anyone who's been watching those regularly, what are some good bizarre shorts they've done in the last 3 years or so?

I would suggest looking at anything Bridget and Mary Jo have done because they focus almost entirely on "women" shorts. So they get stuff like "Home of the Future" which takes place in the far off year of 1999 and stars Wink Martindale or Duties of a Secretary about a secretary who is about to start her new job and has a dream where she does everything wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My theater isn't even doing the slides, which sucks.

Never mind they just started

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes the sound is weird in this theatre too

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

glad I have to wait for the encore show if the sound is hosed up tonight

Don't know about anyone else but it turned out fine

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Do Trace and Frank have a digital version of their show you can buy online? Because they're still great but they never tour anywhere near me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of amazing how well Paul F Tompkins just kind of fitted into their jokes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something really goofy I noticed about Future Force is how almost every establishing shot involves the same bridge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Attack From Space is a weird movie. Pretty much nothing happens in the entire thing and Starman barely shows up, except at the very end with his interminable fight scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, I'm doing a survey they sent out and this is pretty interesting:

quote:

Which of the following are RiffTrax Live shows you would be highly likely to attend in the future? (Check all that apply)

Night of Gumby Shorts

The Scorpion King (2002)

Replica (2005)

Gattaca (1997)

Final Justice (1985)

Guy From Harlem (1977)

Air Force One (1997)

Fateful Findings (2013)

Space Mutiny (1988)

Giant Spider Invasion (1975)

Another Classic Doctor Who

Classic horror like The Mummy, Frankenstein, Dracula, etc.

Krull (1983)

The Wizard (1989)

Flash Gordon (1980)

Tremors (1990)

The Karate Kid (1984)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So The Last Slumber Party is now on Amazon Prime and is it just me or does that movie have really bad sound mixing?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It also has Trace, Frank, Mary Jo, Bridget and Paul F Tompkins all doing shorts too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, I don't know if it is my theater or Fathom but the prices have increased again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is $15 a ticket here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So what was the deal with Tom Baker? Did he not have the time or was he actively hating on Dr Who?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Bermuda Triangle is now on Amazon Prime and why the hell is John Huston in this? Also maybe its just me but whenever John Huston talks I just hear Gandalf.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The stupid twist kind of covers that. Although it does just bring in more issues because if it was just a dream, what was with all those scenes from other people's perspectives?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As far as I know he was basically a guest writer and not in the room for every episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Radical Jack is on Prime now and man, Billy Ray is a terrible "hero." I'm left wondering if they wrote the severe beating into the script once they realized that he couldn't actually competently do the action scenes and needed a reason for the main character to be really slow and lumbering.

Also, laughed really hard at Kevin sitting through the entire credits just to insult the people of Rutland/West Rultand Vermont.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rock n Roll Nightmare: WHAT?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When a Stranger Calls Back got added to Amazon Prime and its such a weird movie. Like how the movie is a little over an hour and a half long but almost 30 minutes is taken up by this interminable opening scene where a young woman pretends to make phone calls multiple times. Also someone seemed to forget that while the ending gimmick works on film it would be blindingly obvious in real life where you could see that it was a guy standing there painted like the wall.

I put that behind spoiler tags because its one of those moments that's so stupid you have to see it to believe it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So yeah, they keep saying "boredom" but the word they really want is "DEPRESSION"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are a couple of good older ones in Maniac and Voodoo Man. Maniac is about a mad scientist who brings people back from the dead and his assistant, an out of work "impressionist." While Voodoo Man has what is quite possibly the most insane performance John Carradine ever did (also Bela Lugosi in full career slide.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the Arachnia riff and something that really bugs me is that they're all in a plane crash and nobody uses their cellphones until it is a punchline of a joke.

Although I did enjoy the part where the comic relief character gets torn limb from limb.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So the "Dr Who" movies are on Amazon and is there an explanation as to why they exist in the first place?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget and Mary Jo have a new short "Let's Talk Turkey." Not explicitly a Thanksgiving short but more about how you should eat turkey every single day for the rest of your life.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That movie is so loving bizarre, like I kept expecting it to pull back as a dream sequence but no, according to the movie all that crazy stuff actually happened.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BDawg posted:

Really wish we had a new Christmas movie.

They're doing a lot of shorts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also you get to see one of the industrialists going off to Hell for some unspecified crime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest feature is Jack Frost, the one about the killer snowman, not the one about ghost Michael Keaton.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ms Boods posted:

Aw, despite regularly buying riffs, no giftcard here... :(

Make sure to check your Spam folder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that earlier this week they did a Christmas discount that was 10% off and this weekend they're doing a New Year's discount that is 18% off. You're being rewarded for procrastinating. By "you're" I mean "I" as by not buying anything earlier this week I am now able to get a movie (Honor and Glory) and two shorts (Farm Family in Winter and with the free $10 they gave me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching "Marriage is a Partnership" and Bridget and Mary Jo's palpable disgust at the bantering between the married couple at the start was pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

It will never make sense, strap in for Seal Team Santa, an Ogre eating a puppy, and direct flights to Santa's forest.

Yeah, that movie has a terrible opening but once they get on a plane it really takes off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Picked up The Journey:Absolution tonight and man that's a loving nutball movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think they cut anything from this because the movie was really vague about anything going on outside of the facility and also they clearly didn't have any budget to go anywhere but the sets they had built.

BDawg posted:

I watched and still have no idea what the plot is... or where Jamie Pressly came from.

She mentions that she lives at the "Outpost" wherever that is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching The Curse of Bigfoot right now and man, what the gently caress is up with this movie? I'm finally at the point where I think the movie is starting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"I could sit back and watch them all day for night." is a pretty great riff.