Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I knew at least two of the three of them had very different political leanings, but in different times I saw that as a plus. Rifftrax was a shining example of a "across the isle" partnership on a project.

Nowadays, if you are conservative, you either need to ditch your party or turn into a big bloated orange rear end in a top hat. I was hoping Mike would choose the former option, but he appears to be leaning towards the latter... I'm pretty sure once the transformation is finished, any good faith between Bill and Mike will be destroyed. Kevin recently made fun of Ben Shepiro on Twitter so I think he might take a have issues with Mike as well.

I might be wrong and Mike will denounce shithead behavior, and begin the process of changing course. But I'm not counting on it, at least from a personal introspection point of view. The most likely scenario is he'll see a loss of support for Rifftrax either through purchases online, Patreon, or their next Kickstarter, and the mighty dollar will make him give a half hearted apology. For me, if it gets to that point, then the gesture is meaningless and the damage will already be done, and more or less irreparable. The next few days will be vital for Mike and Rifftrax as a whole...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
With the MST3k reboot losing momentum, and Bill/Kevin potentially leaving Rifftrax, perhaps there is an opportunity there for a Joel/Bill/Kevin collab.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

muscles like this! posted:

Not really sure what they were thinking with in Inspector Mom 2 and the mean drunk best friend character.

Given that they couldn't nail down what her husband's name is, I'm guessing they weren't thinking much at all.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Just watched Paradise Motel... And I need someone to explain what in god's name I just watched. I have seen so many bad movies, and this is the first that I truly don't understand. Who was the younger blond lady? Who was the other younger lady? Did they work for the motel or something? Did rifftrax cut something out because I am so drat confused?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

muscles like this! posted:

They put out a new app, this one actually lets you watch vods instead of just being designed for mp3s. Also the new app has a random button which could be helpful for me seeing as I've been buying stuff from them since 2007 so my library is kind of big.

They just made my Plex server obsolete!

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Spy High is very good. Incredibly dumb tech movie. I have no idea what was going on but the dog steals the show. And anytime I can say that about one of these movies, you know you're in for a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
The rifftrax Patreon just gave a preview of what's to come for tomorrow, and let's just say that I'm pumped. Everyone should cancel their plans for tomorrow and stock up on popcorn.