Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I was happy to discover that the two child actors went on to have lengthy careers in TV and film that continue to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

Can highly recommend 'Mikey.' The real story is how an elementary school kid was somehow able to smuggle and transport a child's skeleton out of the school and back to his house.

Wow, just from this post, the memories of seeing the final 20 minutes of this on late night HBO decades ago awaken in my mind.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Snuff Melange posted:

Trying to find a good Halloween appropriate Rifftrax episode for a movie I haven't seen yet :spooky: :spooky: :spooky:

- Ghosthouse
- The Last Slumber Party
- Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare
- The Night That Dracula Saved the World
- Hillbillys in a Haunted House
- Ice Cream Man
- Blood Theater
- Jacko

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

NikkolasKing posted:

Also Mike is now the second guy who has insulted Christopher Lambert as Rayden. The first time I had a clue anybody didn't care for him, it was James from Dead Meat and I thought he was all alone. How can anybody disparage Lambert's awesome "gargles with glass" voice?

The latest MK game lets you download skins of movie versions of Raiden, Johnny Cage, and Sonya with the movie actors re-recording all the characters' pre-fight dialogue. Lambert sounds ROUGH these days.

MassRafTer posted:

I used my ten bucks and went through my library only to realize I bought I Believe in Santa Claus at some point and never watched it.

Which is baffling because that is one baffling movie.

"Baffling" is the best description of that movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Line of Duty II is a good watch. Despite having two rear end-kicking women as the leads and some really great action sequences, the two of them don't really get all that much personality or even screentime. Most of the movie is focused on the comic relief characters, culminating in a completely WTF final moment.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

My wife insisted on some kind of RiffTrax slasher movie for Friday the 13th and we watched Hack-o-Lantern. I'm pretty sure the grandpa character is a genetic experiment by the government where they merged Brian Doyle Murray and Paul Heyman into one person.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

This was my first time watching Cobra and I expected there to be far more pizza scissoring.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, there's a reason this one isn't put up there with his genuinely good work (Rocky, First Blood) or his genuinely fun campy stuff (Over the Top). It's just stock 80's cop on the edge stuff without embracing the ham.

But it does embrace the ketchup!

One of the weirdest things about Cobra is that it was remade 9 years later with Cindy Crawford and one of the Baldwins.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I haven't watched any riff stuff in months, but I'm just kind of going to tonight's show out of habit. Hope it's good!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They really need some better resolution for the next time they do Gumby shorts at a live show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mister Kingdom posted:

Same audio in my theater. Also, they had the audio cranked up to 11 for the first 15 minutes.

They had it cranked up to 11 for the entire duration in my theater. My wife put in earbuds just to dull it enough to be normal.

Looking at the IMDB trivia stuff, I love how the movie was originally going to be called Balls Out, explaining that weird line by Officer Robotnik.

There's also a list of deleted scenes and there's one where Bart (drunkenly?) shows up at Cru's diner to challenge him one-on-one, showing that he was also bitter that Cru was cheated out of being in the big race. I like the idea of the scene because it makes Bart's behavior during the end feel earned. But then apparently the scene ends with him taking a pratfall onto a pie, so maybe it was better on the cutting room floor.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I've only seen the episode where RoboCop fights and then teams up with a superhero Roddy Piper and it's pretty fun.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I've always wanted to see somebody do a cover of this that includes the MST3K lyrics like they're a normal part of the song.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Watching that trailer, there were two women in it (the old lady sitting at the bar and the old dubbed lady at the very end) who looked really familiar to me. And not in a "I recognize them from a movie" familiar but in a "I think they're customers where I work" familiar.

Then I realized that they are both regulars on those Elders React videos on YouTube.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

I'm sure most knew this but the RiffTrax of It's A Wonderful Life is missing George seeing if he'd never been born, which you might rightly call the crux of the film, but it's because that specific part is copyrighted because it's adapted from a short story. Everything else is public domain. Interesting.

"Clarence had the $8,000! This movie is a lot different from how I remembered it."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Which is a better movie to watch when under the influence: Monster's Christmas or Christmas Martian?

Serious question. I have plans for Saturday and I can't do both.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

RiffTrax has released their take on Steamboat Willie because of course they did.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Finally got around to watching Paradise Motel. I think we owe The Room an apology.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Spy High is a wonderful riff. It's an incredibly stupid movie where the production value is just high enough to make everything else about it come off as extra embarrassing.

Big fan of the mentor character constantly crossing his arms in nearly every shot.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Canned Panda posted:

I think we're probably rather close to this year's Kickstarter. Last year it was launched on Feb. 22.

Any dream riffs from you guys? I will always be hoping for Masters of the Universe (even though I don't think we'd ever get it).

All I've ever wanted was for No Holds Barred to get riffed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Heavy Metal posted:

I wonder if they've riffed anything with Paul Giamatti.

If Just the Jokes was more popular, I'm sure we would have had one for Amazing Spider-Man 2 by now.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I saw two seconds of footage and it's an immediate buy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

I saw two seconds of footage and it's an immediate buy.

This was absolutely the best Rifftrax I have ever watched high. Sweet Jesus.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Days later and I really can't get over Creating Rem Lezar. I had never heard of it before (I don't follow RLM or the other places where it got big), but it's just that perfect riff target. It's a lot like Miami Connection in how it's stupid and ridiculous, but in a positive way, made out of good intentions.

Also, there was this familiar feeling to Rem's actor that I couldn't quite figure out. Then I looked at his wiki page and realized where I knew that voice from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RtYGwiOgro

...the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Canned Panda posted:

I buy weird poo poo thanks to RiffTrax.

I see we're members of the same Facebook group.