Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm legitimately jealous that you managed to nab a Jeb! pin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
as I come home from my working man labors to rest my working man feet among my study rustic hardword furniture, I see that my scandalous competitors have advertised their unpreparedness for the gravitas of the position.

one whose ticket is red and has been obviously bought and paid for by Big Rye. does depravity know no bounds? im not one to kink shame but no need to flaunt it in public.

another fringe crackpot whose strange free market viewpoints claim that lower prices are the goal! what nonsense, if price was all that matters United could ship us like cattle and hangover healthcare would be motrin and water!

no, what this position calls for is a dutiful, respected, well qualified candidate.

i come with years of experience, and a fully stocked under cabinet of deputies for the minutiae:

special interest lobbiests pursue my favor diligently and can be swayed for the proper motivation.

a panel of experts stands ready as a renowned think tank of mixology

ALL foreign involvement is properly documented, my ties to russia are purely professional and have no conflicts of interests!

your CHOICE is clear citizen!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

M_Gargantua posted:

as I come home from my working man labors to rest my working man feet among my study rustic hardword furniture, I see that my scandalous competitors have advertised their unpreparedness for the gravitas of the position.

one whose ticket is red and has been obviously bought and paid for by Big Rye. does depravity know no bounds? im not one to kink shame but no need to flaunt it in public.

another fringe crackpot whose strange free market viewpoints claim that lower prices are the goal! what nonsense, if price was all that matters United could ship us like cattle and hangover healthcare would be motrin and water!

no, what this position calls for is a dutiful, respected, well qualified candidate.

i come with years of experience, and a fully stocked under cabinet of deputies for the minutiae:

special interest lobbiests pursue my favor diligently and can be swayed for the proper motivation.

ALL foreign involvement is properly documented, my ties to russia are purely professional and have no conflicts of interests!

i don't think i have a vote but it would go here

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
aw gross kahlua :whitewater:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Lastgirl posted:

aw gross kahlua :whitewater:

may I recommend mixing grind, Irish cream, and coffee for morning respite from mattering?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

M_Gargantua posted:

this is legit so sexy
the race for this is incredibly tense and electric
Linds needs a fan

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

M_Gargantua posted:

If that bottle with the red 'F' on it in the second picture is that hazlenut liquor, you should get the job!

This dude or riot!!

*throws moss*

Edit: you do have a lot of baccardi bottles..

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVqCFckyaRc

this is my enduring mental image of bacardi

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

this is legit so sexy
the race for this is incredibly tense and electric
Linds needs a fan

wtf!!!

the fans u got already aint fukken good enough for you now or somehtin!!!!!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Thatim posted:

If that bottle with the red 'F' on it in the second picture is that hazlenut liquor, you should get the job!

Edit: you do have a lot of baccardi bottles..

yes, frangelico. and 2.5 is a lot?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

that register is a symbol of capitalism

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

M_Gargantua posted:

yes, frangelico. and 2.5 is a lot?

Dont worry, the frangelico makes up for it. I got your back fam

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

quote:

nice liquor liqueur & white rum collection

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hey now theres a fair bit of gin there too

edit: wait maybe gin is technically a liqueur?

punchymcpunch has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Apr 28, 2017

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

punchymcpunch posted:

hey now theres a fair bit of gin there too

edit: wait maybe gin is technically a liqueur?

if u speakin french lol

liqueurs have sugars added after distillation :eng101:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
buffalo trace bourbon

is thr liquor

i nominate

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im off to play golf and by golf i mean pack a bong that i cant bing to begin with

anyways squizzle is the squizzle of the house now and he is in charge for the weekend *chucks the keys to the manor*

keep those liquor/beer/wine submissions coming thanks in advance dont even need a liquor cabinet to be eligible. a bottle will do for our consideration namaste :sun:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
=(^. .^= )~

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I dont have a liquor cabinet.

But jf nominated as secretary of liquor, i promise i eill purchase a bottle of liquor of the threads choosing, review it, post pictures and prpvide a rati g on a prriodic basisss as my oen alcoholism and demand warrants

if this is not what is actually happening, then i submit my nomination in anyx case, fpr i am drunk at 137pm in the afternoln

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Madame President the Department of Hypernormalization hereby submits forums poster Trump's Baby Hands' in nomination for the CSPAM Presidential Medal of Valor in celebration of oustanding achievement in hypernormalization-awareness.

And reminder about the book club read about the collapse of the ussr book get ur book on, my dudes

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Rushi posted:

=(^. .^= )~

go smoke a weed mother trumper !!!!!!!!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
loving lol if you drink so little you manage to stock up enough bottles for a liqueur cabinet.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

loving lol if you drink so little you manage to stock up enough bottles for a liqueur cabinet.

i thought they were just rich :shrug:

et aussi

Lastgirl posted:

by the way before I get plastered and totally forget

Secretary of Liquor is still accepting submissions at the C-SPAM manor so that they can be taken to a poll~

Ye dinnae even need a liquor cabinet tae show yer alcohol-peen! Jest shill out th best brand an type ye figure people can git behind on

:siren: Go here an submit ye stinkin gobbos! :siren:

i resubmit my application to be asst secretary of sizzurp cuz i make it tha best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcZBn8WzlUA

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
This is all fascinating, but when do we find out if I have immunity to go to other forums and tell them we hate them?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Doomtalker posted:

This is all fascinating, but when do we find out if I have immunity to go to other forums and tell them we hate them?
immunity thru exposure :getin:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

post the empties!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

i spend a disproportionate amount of my money on food and liquor and entertaining at my house. the bar is probably the nicest thing i own.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

i spend a disproportionate amount of my money on food and liquor and entertaining at my house. the bar is probably the nicest thing i own.

what kind of guests are you entertaining with all that HPNOTIQ, flavored alcopops, creamy stuff, white rum, and fancy vodkas?

look, im not saying youre inviting underaged college kids into your home and liquoring them up. i would never say that, that would be extremely unfair. im just saying that you have some very unique tastes

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

as true nite crew, I have neither shelf nor space for liquor, because I immediately consume it when I buy it :unsmigghh:

I'm the Secretary of Liquor shoo-in for sure

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Weeping Wound posted:

as true nite crew, I have neither shelf nor space for liquor, because I immediately consume it when I buy it :unsmigghh:

I'm the Secretary of Liquor shoo-in for sure

lastgirl said you can just post a bottle of whatever you have on hand and talk about it as an entry

go for it, IMO

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

im fixin to mix some homemade sizzurp with some honey, bitters, sun drop, a little of some cheap whiskey i got in a drawer and a couple prescriptions of mine involve pros and cons and mix me up a nice tall glass of ssssuurrpp then dependin maybe ill hit the chill spot in the fridge an eat a little square of paper and start thinkin some round thoughs

:lsd:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

first step is to start makin cocktails, so you need bottles of poo poo that you cant just sit down and chug while crying and posting
before you know it you got vermouth, grenadine, creme de cacao, blue curacao, orange cucka cao, some weird poo poo i forgot the name of. also your cooking brandy and cooking vodka.

fast forward a couple years and you find a whole bottle of canadian club hidden behind the wall of liqueurs that you forgot you owned

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my first and possibly only act as mansion housesitter prez-alike is to overreach my power and subject to approval by

idk whos in the cabinet rn so lets say subject to approval by literally anyone who posts before lastgirl gets back

subject to such approval i appoint turdfuzz to the position of forever time veep emeritus, granting him all hootin and hollerin privileges of the office of the vice prez and access to all threads in which the vice prez is welcome, but none of the you know actual vp stuff or cabinet authority outside any other role to which he might be elected, appointed, or otherwise legitimately assume

this position would persist across all cspam administrations present and future

this appointment would be effective immediately upon approval in the manner indicated

ps it also grants him authority as a bishop in the church of england

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Vox Nihili posted:

what kind of guests are you entertaining with all that HPNOTIQ, flavored alcopops, creamy stuff, white rum, and fancy vodkas?

look, im not saying youre inviting underaged college kids into your home and liquoring them up. i would never say that, that would be extremely unfair. im just saying that you have some very unique tastes

peeps who've drank enough to enjoy real cocktails without going to a bar and wasting money.

for example hypnotiq and triplesec make the base for a hypnotiq martini, which I normally make with gin, and is very delicious.

function before form and taste above all.

Squizzle posted:

this appointment would be effective immediately upon approval in the manner indicated

ps it also grants him authority as a bishop in the church of england

no

can't have no silly brexit church making thought ideas in this vicinity. turdfuzz can do better than bishop of failing anglican power structures.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you know you got problems when you start buyin cocktail onions

everyone post ur cocktail garnish stockpiles

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

punchymcpunch posted:

first step is to start makin cocktails, so you need bottles of poo poo that you cant just sit down and chug while crying and posting
before you know it you got vermouth, grenadine, creme de cacao, blue curacao, orange cucka cao, some wteird poo poo i forgot the name of. also your cooking brandy and cooking vodka.

fast forward a couple years and you find a whole bottle of canadian club hidden behind the wall of liqueurs that you forgot you owned

:powerrangersthinkingemojiwithexplosions:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

blue curacao rulz orange curacao drulz

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

blue curacao rulz orange curacao drulz

cointreau is the orange liqueur par excellence

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

cointreau is the orange liqueur par excellence

Sir please, this is america. Pls speak english

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Thatim posted:

Sir please, this is america. Pls speak english

la francais est vraiment langue officielle des e u , meme a la louisiana :colbert: le t est muet :c00lbert:

• Locked thread