Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Hello, I am applying for the open Secretary of Liquor position. The people have gone without representation in the area of liquor, spirits, and booze for far too long. They are suffering.

I submit the below images in support of my candidacy:

Space above my microwave with the dailies

Space above my fridge with miscellaneous liquor

Space below potato storage with Canadian liquor, propane cannisters, and other junk I want to keep out of sight & mind

"Upper shelf" where I keep stuff thats tough to find or that my girlfriend actually likes

I also submit for your consideration the following:

-Most of the bottles I own are actually open, and many others disposed of
-I aggressively share my stash with my friends (hint hint)
-I am an attorney, which means I have a passive +2 to liquor consumption and accumulation
-My platform is simple. 1) Name an official liquor for Day Crew, Night Crew, and C-SPAM at large, respectively. I have excellent candidates in mind but you'll have to appoint me to find out. 2) Keep the glass full, daddio.

I hope the administration will move swiftly to rubber-stamp my appointment. Thank u for your consideration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

if it stay full you aint drinkin none !!!!

point of order: the request to keep the glass full necessarily assumes that the glass will be emptied regularly

res ipsa loquitur bing bing bong so simple

Gringostar posted:

no beer

no boxed wine

plenty of beer in the fridge but this is for sec'y of liquor. as im sure u know the sec'y of liquor oversees the separate and co-equal undersecretaries of beer & wine

also, boxed wine is bad and the standard "pick six" discounts make bottles cheaper anyway

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

Mr. Vice President Squizzle had a very novel idea and I am prepared to entertain that.

Very well, open the Liquor Pit and have everyone fight it out with their best submissions including and especially Vox Nihili's frog sympathetic to a certain and specific political ideology themed liquor cabinet~

On you go into the pit of death, I mean the Liquor pit and fight it out between yerselves then. If the moderators would not mind a thread for this, we can call for a public vote based on submissions made here. Top 3 gets Secretary, and Undersecretary of Beer and Wine.

And as always, drink responsibly namaste

oh HELL yeah

now who are my competitors gonna be tho. show urselves

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Big liquor has bought me, tooth and liver. I present the campaign ad teaser:

Bend the knee now before I break out the heavy stuff and you will be mercifully spared from deadly BAC.

i dont see any liquor tho

wheres the liquor. where is it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Sec'y of Liquor should speak for the common drunkard, lookit this fellow with his posh $500 collectables! Even brought them out to drink for us like pouring a dram is a special occasion.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

2DCAT posted:

I bought all of my rare whiskey at MSRP! ... like the true drunk, I drive hundreds of miles looking and hunting down leads! I will not stand for these attacks. SAD!

Like the truer drunk, I drive down to the local store and pick up what's in stock, decent, and ideally on sale.

Like what'd you pay for that aptly-named Old Blowhard? $200?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
oh hey just got back from work whats dis

oh, looks like the people's whiskey, Mellow Corn. $10 a bottle, 100% corn, bottled-in-bond (aged in government-supervised warehouses), American-made by an American-owned company, 50% ABV, competitive w/ blended scotch in terms of flavor

nice 'n easy on the rocks, eminently mixable

you dont even need a fancy glass to enjoy~

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
i am NOT going to name names, but SOME of my competitors don't even seem to own handles... for some reason they don't sell $200 whiskey in bulk~

here are the Essentials

for those that dont come in handles, you gotta get quantity. OGD 114 is deffo my Election Night Slammer, it's a high-rye mashbill straight bourbon, near barrel proof, thick & good cinnamon and peanut notes, OH and it's like $24~

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
i heard some folks wanted to see beer and wine too

fridge, bottom shelf

fridge, door shelf

fridge, middle shelf. mason jars are vodka extract attempts, one on the right is habanero one on the left is uhhh something I've forgotten, it's fruit ok

oh and here's about half of our wine supply plus the bitters and other cocktail stuff in the back

~please excuse the mess~

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 04:27 on Apr 28, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

quote:

nice liquor liqueur & white rum collection

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

loving lol if you drink so little you manage to stock up enough bottles for a liqueur cabinet.

post the empties!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

i spend a disproportionate amount of my money on food and liquor and entertaining at my house. the bar is probably the nicest thing i own.

what kind of guests are you entertaining with all that HPNOTIQ, flavored alcopops, creamy stuff, white rum, and fancy vodkas?

look, im not saying youre inviting underaged college kids into your home and liquoring them up. i would never say that, that would be extremely unfair. im just saying that you have some very unique tastes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Weeping Wound posted:

as true nite crew, I have neither shelf nor space for liquor, because I immediately consume it when I buy it :unsmigghh:

I'm the Secretary of Liquor shoo-in for sure

lastgirl said you can just post a bottle of whatever you have on hand and talk about it as an entry

go for it, IMO

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

this weekends bottling of homemade wisniowka (polish cherry brandy)

this is p. chill

enjoying a dark & stormy this evening myself

12 oz of ginger beer, 4 shots of myer's dark rum, plenty of ice

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
If selected I'll procure a (knockoff) maga cap and put it in my grill and pour 151 on it and light it on fire and swig what's left of the 151 and take pics.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
poo poo, I'll do it this weekend even. I offer you instant gratification.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

also i vote for this guy, assuming i get a vote

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

2DCAT posted:

I'm at the senate tomorrow. The level of my shenanigans will largely be dependent on this!!!

I say we keep voting open for, uh, two more days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
miller high life would have won

• Locked thread