Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I, Mr. 2DCAT, am the only true choice for Secretary of Liquor!

I submit the following from my collection to prove that I am a raging alcoholic:

In total, I have about 250 bottles floating around, but I buy and sell so much that the number kind of fluctuates.

I actually even went down to my basement cellar to pull three from my good collection (yes, i consider the pappy in my living room to be rubbish!) to drink and celebrate my imminent appointment to this most prestigious position!

Why should I be selected?

I am forcing the lol nothing matters agenda within the government! I have an actual meeting at the white house on the 3rd, where I intend to :think_face: all that ask dumb questions! I will follow up this ordeal by doing the same at Congress on the 9th! I plan to take a massive poo poo in both locations as well, and shitpost on the C-SPAM threads while doing so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I bought all of my rare whiskey at MSRP! ... like the true drunk, I drive hundreds of miles looking and hunting down leads! I will not stand for these attacks. SAD!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Vox Nihili posted:

Like the truer drunk, I drive down to the local store and pick up what's in stock, decent, and ideally on sale.

Like what'd you pay for that aptly-named Old Blowhard? $200?

I paid $150 for it, and only have it because the folks in MD that I go to know I like crazy stuff and offered it to me at MSRP for being a frequent customer. To be honest though, my daily drinkers are either JTS Brown BiB (MSRP $12) or Heaven Hill BiB (MSRP $14). Old Blowhard is actually pretty bad too, as is most of the Diageo stuff. I kind of forgot I had it when I went downstairs and wanted to try it again to see if i remembered it being bad lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

now this is a secretary of liquor i can get behind, however you are still in hot contention for me with the poster who has replaced food in his fridge with alcohol

i didn't see so much as a carton of eggs in that fridge; now that's dedication
:911:

My fridge contains:
- Store bought vermouth
- Vermouth I made (and now in wine bottles) because I got bored and thought I could make a better vermouth
- experimental cocktails in Mason jars
- limes to make cocktails with
- 1 English muffin
- garlic, to keep vampires away from my booze

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
If I'm elected to a cabinet position, I will not only mention C-SPAM at my Senate and House hearings... Not only wear my think_face lapel pin too, not only say peckerwood in both these places... but I will also make an absolute effort to identify myself as secretary of liquor.

2DCAT has issued a correction as of 18:42 on May 4, 2017

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

5 for 2D Cat
2 for Weeping Wound
1 for M_Gargantua so far

2D Cat just needs 2 votes to secure the nom should that happen

I'm at the senate tomorrow. The level of my shenanigans will largely be dependent on this!!!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Currently inbound to judiciary square to make everyone proud. I'll ensure maximum shenanigans at congress today. I'll make sure to lol at and cpsam_thinkface Lindsey Graham as much as possible and then ask him to pass along to Jeb! that he is a mess. After that, we'll get down to business in selecting the liquor of the month!

Edit:

2DCAT has issued a correction as of 13:24 on May 9, 2017

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Choosing my first Liquor of the Month has been a very difficult and challenging problem. On one hand, I'd like to select a liquor that truly represents the people -- a high proof, low cost whiskey that truly represents the history of America. On the other hand... now that the Republicans in Congress appear to have formally recognized my position as Secretary of Liquor, I also feel the need to side the bastard 1%, and select a whiskey thats mediocre, unavailable to nearly the entire world, and outside the price point of the vast majority of the people. But today, as I walked the halls of Congress... I was reminded at how broken our society has become. Instead of choosing one, or the other... I have chosen to make a compromise.

May's Liquor of the Month is:
Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey

Rittenhouse Rye is widely available across most of the country, it costs $24, and is 100 proof. It's delicious on its own, but also works really well in a manhattan, a sazerac, and an old fashioned. At a lower price range is Old Overholt. It has a more storied history; however, it's 80 proof, and you're pretty much getting better value for money ($18 price point for OO), but who wants extra water in their liquor anyways? Sazerac Rye is also good, but with the higher price point and lower proof (90 proof), it becomes hard to recommend that over the Rittenhouse.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
It's 2pm, I'm drunk, and I see people saying Aye... So Aye

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
My day drunkenness has given me an idea on how to handle the situation at hand

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

M_Gargantua posted:

so is drinking not a vice? my probation officer needs to know for ~reasons~

Drinking is a virtue, not a vice. The only way vice can be connected to drinking is if you were to say "hey, let's drink and watch Miami Vice."

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

In light of Weeping Wound's declaration, May 15th will be Dennis Hopper Day in C-SPAM as a recognized holiday annually, naturally this will draw animosity from the dutch as we choose to willfully disregard Heineken. On that May Day, let it be known that no Heineken shall pass through ones mouth for the full duration of that day. :o:

What's the official stance regarding Heineken butt funnels on this day?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

I would like to turn our focus on a small project in making sure the Orb Thread gets compiled for a possible photoshop friday submission? There are a lot of gems that are lost in the folds of Trump thread, even the Kellyanne ones in the previous as it is the nature.

It seems that Goblins have been worshipping a large orb-like entity that has breached the plane and I have no qualms or concerns because I'm hung over as poo poo and will amend that an Orb gangtag will be given out to all those who donate to the upcoming Planned Parenthood thread in the works perhaps?

These are both good ideas. I'm also willing to use my power as Secretary of Liquor to buy 2 bottles of our alcohol-of-the-month, Rittenhouse Rye, for any contest-related purposes. Although, due to some state/country liquor shipping reasons and age-verification issues... this idea might be reduced to me simply venmo'ing out money for people to buy alcohol (which any winner will likely instead use the money for stuff like anime tiddies).

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Baloogan posted:

im p liquored up so i do have one ciritism to makk cane next months liquor of month bec something my neighborhood liquor store has in stock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send me a picture of the whiskey and gin sections of your local liquor store.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
hendricks tastes overly of cucumber and it's impossible for me to get past that.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

hmm, what's a gin fave of yours?

depends on what i'm using it for, but i'm a huge fan of jensen's old tom gin ($27) in cocktails and for drinking on its own, filliers dry 28 barrel aged gin ($35) and ferdinand's saar gin ($55)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Aye!!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

:same:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
June is almost here, which means it is time for a new liquor of the month!

I, the esteemed Secretary of Liquor, decree that June's liquor of the month is...

Evan Williams Single Barrel!

Why?

Reason 1: Evan Williams (the poo poo version), was recently featured in Ep3 of the new season of Twin Peaks. This made me remember that it's been awhile since I've had the Evan Williams Single Barrel

Reason 2: It can be purchased nearly anywhere between $24-32, making it fairly affordable.

Reason 3: It's a 10 year whiskey, and any age statement this days, especially on something that can be had for $24, is a good deal.

Reason 4: It's delicious. 86.6 is a bit low for my liking, but it's still drat delicious.

So go forth, buy Evan Williams, shout "One One Nine!" and drink some Evan Williams. Please do not take oxycodone like the person from Twin Peaks does why drinking your Evan Williams. That's just dumb and bad. DO drink your Evan Williams with more Evan Williams. That is smart and good.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Aye!!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Ayyyyyyyye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

four more years

:911:

• Locked thread