Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
IME the First Ascent-branded stuff is where they put that extra effort into materials & tailoring. For example, in the past I've had the Cirrus, which has I think 650-fill and is a little "floofier" fitwise, and now have the MicroTherm (FA), which has 800-fill down and fits a bit snugger. Same with rain jackets; Cloud Cap (regular) and Super Sevens (FA) - the latter has more material layering with the same weight, and extra waterproofing treatments in addition to a less boxy fit. Of course, all of this means it's more expensive as well. Eddie Bauer is one of the few brands who still make tall sizes so I get to know them pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Quixotic1 posted:

I got a $40 off coupon as well

Pray tell, how did you swing that?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Quixotic1 posted:

Got a one time use code in the mail as a member out of the blue. To be specific, it was 40 off a 200 purchase; Was surprised it worked on already discounted items such as the bag.

Note to self: Be more careful sifting through the mail from now on

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
So this is interesting.

I have a pair of Topo Trailventure 2 WP, which I enjoy. I was looking at the regular non-waterproof version for the heck of it, seen here.

When at the page, it shows as regular price:

When I added them to the cart, it shows a massive discount:

Don't think I've ever seen that before. No coupon code, nothing indicating on sale.

Anyway, I bought them, because who can pass that up? :cool:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the pair I have are the mango color and honestly that was at least 50% of the reason I got them. they're just so .... mango. very flashy

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The Costco merino sock 4-packs are on closeout for $6.97 so grab em while you can. I have 12 pairs now.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I didn't see any at my church, what are they like? Ankle-high? Crew sock?

They are crew socks ... honestly I was surprised they still even had any.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

liz posted:

Omg you guys I got the early access lottery for Wonderland trail :yayclod:

Same, although looks like my reservation window is pretty late in the early access period:

Awarded Date / Time: Apr 18, 2024 - 3:00 PM PDT
Early Access Period: Mar 21, 2024 - Apr 19, 2024

Ideally I'd like to camp around the N-NE section but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I am a moron in many other aspects of life, but not that.

However, being slotted so late in the early access booking period means I will likely have to be flexible with whatever's still available by then, and plan accordingly.

Laterite fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 15, 2024