Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
This feels like a dumb question but what do y'all wear for day hikes w/ some light scrambling in the god forsaken 90+ temps? Shorts+long socks? Pants? Fancy skin tight leggings for mobility? I live in lyme disease country and need to get some new gear because it's been a long time since I lived anywhere close to spots for day hiking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

FogHelmut posted:

In my youth, I was a paintball referee at a field in the NJ Pine Barrens. Eight hours a day in the woods and brush - never got one tick. I wore shorts and a t-shirt and certainly unhealthy amounts of DEET based insect repellent.

That's what I've been doing but ended up picking a few off me yesterday and the tick population is supposedly really bad this year in PA. Friend of mine was hospitalized over it but I think that had a bit more to do with some unrelated factors :shrug:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Thanks those pants look like exactly what I was looking for