Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oracle posted:

I freaking love taking baklava. Just leave it in its sealable container until you’re starving. Hi cal, honey sugar rush, nuts for protein and it’s downright decadent when you whip it out at the end of a hike and make camp.

drat this is an amazing idea, I'm gonna surprise my partner with this on our next booking trip. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've never seen nor heard of a pie iron until today

And I want one

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My partner and I are going to be going on a 4 day, 3 night bikepacking trip in mid May, 14-18th, and I'm trying to get some opinions, advice, general thoughts, on our sleeping gear.

I have a real old sleeping bag that doesn't pack down too well, probably 16L, which is.. a bit bulky. I think my partner's sleeping bag packs down a bit better, maybe 13-14L. Both are rated down to pretty low temps. I sleep fairly warm, partner is the opposite. I'm thinking about switching to possibly a sleeping quilt, but have never even seen one in person. Does anybody have opinions on if they're fine to use, just a quilt and sleeping pad? Even two sleeping quilts (I arbitrarily looked at a cheap-ish one at REI, the ALPS Mountaineering Equinox Quilt) would be smaller than a single sleeping bag.