Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I just bought my first pair of MOAB mids this weekend, and I love them so far. Huge jump in comfort. They blow my old boots away, so I finally feel like I can start doing some longer hikes.

I want to start doing some overnight trips later this year, so I need to decide on some kind of tent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Manzoon posted:

I'm just doing a 2.5 mile hike in overnighter one weekend in November to test my setup, but hey I don't want any kind of crazy tick diseases.

Tick diseases just build character

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Going and getting can of tennis balls is pretty affordable as far as camping gear goes.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

The community just needs to normalize sextant use.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Not just spending the 20 bucks to protect potentially hundreds of dollars worth of gear is wild.