Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

quote:

COSTCO!

Anyone have any opinions on the sleeping pads sold at Costco stores? Good for (non-ultralight) backpacking? What sort of return policy does Costco in the event of a leak/other issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

ASSTASTIC posted:

You literally can return anything to costco as long as they can look it up EXCEPT for TVs, cell phones, dvd players, aka "consumer electronics" and there is a 90 day return policy on those. I've heard horror stories of a guy that would buy produce, use some, and let the rest rot, return it to costco and buy more produce, basically scamming them. I think they banned him. No time limit for those other things than consumer electronics.

The thing is, costco membership is privilege....and that privilege can be revoked, so don't abuse their generous return policy and you should be fine. At REI, our Loss Prevention Department would flag your account if you had over 75% of your purchases returned. We would revoke your membership if that happened.

Oh yeah, I'm not looking to destroy the pads and then return them. I can definitely understand retailers dropping customers that abuse no-worry returns policies.

I just grew up using foam pads, but my wife wants to try out inflatable sleeping pads for backpacking. I'm a bit leery and hesitant but willing to try out an inflatable. Being able to return it in the case of leaks finally helped relax me into the decision.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 15, 2017