Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I got a Columbia Omnishade booney hat recently and its usefulness far outweighs any vanity concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Someone asked about Alps Mountaineering gear earlier, and I can say that on a budget it is adequate in mild conditions. Ive been comfortable in their 20f down sleeping bag and liner with a klymit v2 inflatable (r-value 1.3) at 25F at low elevation. I also have their 65l pack, which is bulky and not nice to my shoulders. The bag is solid for my needs, but I plan to upgrade the pack.

Also everyone says 'just dry your trail runners overnight' but lol that's never happened. Damp shoes blow, and a couple spare pair of socks doesn't solve the problem. But Im still basically a noob and haven't figured it all out yet.