Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

xzzy posted:

Anyone got a favorite snack that fills the niche that cliff bars do, but isn't a clif bar?

... the past year or two my tastes have changed and they just don't taste good
No, they changed the formula. The new ones are awful.

I love the kirkland brand protein bars, they have 4 flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Verman posted:

I got these weird carabiners one year for holding lines taught. They're big, heavy, and have a cam to grab a line. I just use a truckers hitch with better success and less weight.

Agreed with the sentiment - don't buy someone who's an expert in something a gift for that interest. They've probably thought about it for hours more than you will as a gift-giver.

Also, learn the taught-line hitch, it's nearly as good and requires far less material.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
I have the NatureHike brand cot. Comfortable, decent quality and design. I can assemble it in my 2 person tent if needed. I use it with a Nemo pad, as I'm a side sleeper.
It's as bulky as 2/3 of a tent when packed, but much lighter.
Keeps me just off the ground, maybe 3 inches.

As moderate priced cots go, it's good.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
How well do they drain water if you step in a stream or deep puddle?

The holes seem like they'd let a lot of debris in, or sand/dirt. Do they do OK walking on a beach, or desert /scrub area?