Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
At least 2005 gave us the 18 inning game that Brad Ausmus, of all the people in the entire baseball-playing world, tied with a HR in the 9th

But that world series hurt a ton, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yay :unsmith: 4 more wins...

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I mean we probably won't have him for game 4 so that is a downer, and also I am sad because it was wrong and dumb

Still, 2 more wins. Let's go.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

Houston Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel will not be suspended for any games in the World Series but will be suspended without pay for the first five games of the 2018 regular season, baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said Saturday.

So there's that

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Posting in the World Champions lounge

Soon as I can find a good picture it's av change time

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

CARLOS CORREA GETTIN' HITCHED

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I kind of want to make a av with the trophy in it but I'd never turn down a Chirurgeon Springer av

One time when I was very young I went on a cubs scout trip to Houston; we got to go to the Astrodome field and Biggio and Bagwell talked to us. Such a long time waiting then til now.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Biggio is by all reports the nicest guy, all reports in this case being my Astros fan friend who met him before a Texas A&M baseball game he was hanging out at

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Bagwell looks like a hobo

Hall of Famers get to look like whatever they want imo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm watching highlights again and I can't believe how many ridiculous jams we escaped in that game

Of course the Astros had to win a World Series in the most emotionally exhausting series I've ever watched

Worth it

Woo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its finally starting to sink in

Oh my god

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Astros won the World Series y'all idk if you heard

Watching game 5 again just hit the Correa HR

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm bored. What is y'alls favorite non-Astros AL West team?

I am a big fan of the Mariners other than when they're playing the Astros

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Beautiful, thank you!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/abc13houston/status/928390547571662848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2F

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFXk0zeff8

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We shouldn't forget good regular season games either

This was when I first went "poo poo we might have a team that can do it this year"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAx1enSHBhw

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

MrMidnight posted:

Oh yeah man. I got my hat and shirt about 4 days or so after I ordered it back on Nov. 2nd.

I ordered my stuff on the 4th and it still shows as "NEW" status so I guess there was a big glut between the 2nd and then

Beltran article was cool

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its arguable that taking a fling with farm arms or cheap FAs is better than giving a declining closer a big deal

Granted he's a proven guy but then again so were some of our arms at one point too

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Got my Stros hoodie and T Shirt in :D

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/sheaserrano/status/936372050809249792

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I might be the only Astros fan who doesn't hate the Rangers outside games we're playing them since growing up they were just sort of oafishly losing while wasting ARod.

My "gently caress the" rankings are basically

Yankees
<big gap>
Cardinals
Red Sox
<whoever else>

I'm watching game 5 for probably the 20th time since it happened

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
True I forgot facing the Braves a ton but they're so poo poo and in another league right now I think I can be excused for that

Maybe I should put Selig on the list for making us move but someone was gonna have to at some point

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
My grandmother passed away a few months ago. This weekend we were going through some of her stuff from a storage room and I found this. When I get home I can post more if people are interested.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Thanks; she had a good life. Unfortunately this was the only Colt 45s program she had, but I also have a program from the 1957 Cotton Bowl, which was TCU vs Jim Brown-led Syracuse. I'll probably end up uploading some of that to TFF at some point

I'll start getting more pics up tomorrow, I'm beat after going through two storerooms worth of stuff.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
How do you underrate a guy who gave up 117 hits and 71 runs in 121 major league innings and earned an ERA+ of 77? He had a WHIP of over 1.3 for god's sake

Feliz was bad and I am not sad to see him go

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Fair enough but I'm content to let someone take a lottery shot with him for the chance to fix a guy who's already had a really good season

e: "The Houston Astros are world champions for the first time in franchise history" will never get old

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 16, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I have watched this something like 100 times and the thing I love every time is the air getting sucked out of the building. The crowd reaction is an all-time "oh poo poo."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bPVZdoOFxI

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 31, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
12 a year feels pretty cheap for a world series MVP

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
To be clear I did not mean that the Astros were cheaping out, I meant we were lucky to have a player like that still in his arb years for such a relatively low price

He is going to get PAID soon and I hope we're the ones that do it

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Edward Mass posted:

90% sure we’ll be insufferable if we win 3 World Series in a row.

I promise to be insufferable as gently caress if we do

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
For gently caress's sake

Do minor league suspensions count in the majors if he gets brought up (not that he would or should be during this, I'm just curious)?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm not going to defend Keuchel's performance but we had plenty of chances to get in that game offensively

Not gonna poo poo myself over one loss in April though

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We are raising an actual honest to god World Series banner and it still doesn't quite feel real

e: lmaoooooooooo the ropes broke and some guy had to climb up there and help remove the covering with one of those long branch trimmer things

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 3, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This is how underdogs turn hated but gently caress if I care; I'm prepared to lean in to being the villain

On the one hand it is definitely a bit early to be crowning ourselves division champions, but we did win the division by 21 games last year. No team came close to improving that much even if you count on a full MVP season from Trout and Ohtani being good, and the Astros didn't exactly lose a ton of production either (and added Gerrit Cole).

Still you can never predict injuries and the like. Hopefully Correa's isn't going to turn in to anything serious.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Today was the last day the public could see the Astrodome before the renovation starts, and Mike Acosta on twitter was posting a whole bunch of cool poo poo like this program from the first exhibition games

https://twitter.com/AstrosTalk/status/983522446681825280

Go look at his twitter for a lot of neat stuff

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The park idea was my favorite

It IS bullshit but we can still enjoy the nostalgia trip/history

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The hitting has gone past small sample size excuses and is a problem

e: but actually the bullpen is pissing me off even more so that's good

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 16, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Something to enjoy, anyway

quote:

Of note is Gerrit Cole, who struck out 14 batters on Friday, giving him 36 K's for the season. That's the most by any pitcher in his first three games with a team since the mound was moved to its current distance in 1893, according to Elias Sports Bureau research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Make sure you catch Evan Gattis brain farting into the dumbest triple play you've ever seen

e:
https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/987069332235718663

e2: also while I'm here the underperformer for me is Marisnick who couldn't even lay down a bunt today

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 19, 2018

• Locked thread