Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey Astros/Texans fans, do NOT check the NFL thread right now

Ahhhhh and there is it. All seems right in the world again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Still pretty nice TBH

And if you're going to lose Watson for the year, might as well be the year where JJ and Mercilus have already been lost

Yeah, it sucks but doesn't hurt as bad as it could. I kinda wrote this season off as a learning year for him anyway despite how well he had been playing so far.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

I've decided not to gently caress around with the parade and just watch it on TV

Also thanks for posting that video, I would have never seen it since I never go to espn's site

"General Manager Jeff Luhnow drafted the right players" *shows clip of George Springer*

That was Ed Wade, all hail Ed Wade

Yeah I work kinda close to downtown off Washington and was thinking of kicking down there for a bit but after seeing the traffic heading down there on my way in (4 hours before the parade!) I'll probably just find a place to grab a beer and watch on tv.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlanEnokian/status/926558786827030528

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
While I wasn't raised in Houston Nolan Ryan was the reason I feel in love with baseball and the Astros in the late 80s. By the time we moved here he was long gone (but I did have many chances to watch him in Dallas, including being at the game when Ventura charged the mound) but my personal favorite Astros memory was still the very time I got to visit the dome when we moved here in 96. After seeing it so many times on TV it was just amazing to see in person. Couple of years later we had season tickets and I snuck off to as many games as possible, was at last game in dome, first at MMP. As much as I love and miss the astrodome, MMP was amazing to step into that first year.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

What if I have three kids and don't want to spend $20 on a pair of socks especially with Christmas coming up

Sell a kid? Pretty sure they go for more than $20 so you'll have some extra Christmas money as well!

I'm fairly certain those are the same brand as my Texans socks I got last Christmas and they are insanely comfortable, if a tad hot for Houston.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Another righty signed pending physical.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5193/hector-rondon

Not sure how I feel about this yet.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
14 Days until spring training opens. :hfive:

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Things are coming together too well and I’m just waiting for some kind of karmic retribution in the form of a season ending Altuve/Verlander injury.

I’m still not used to a team I like succeeding.

It IS a Houston team after all.

I’m ok with Texans going winless next year if it means the Astros can avoid the injury bug this year.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
That hat is awesome and I want one (just without the dumb flat bill please).

Here enjoy Correa and Altuve playing catch

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be5usbSjq9P/?taken-by=teamcjcorrea

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Sorry for your loss, she sounds like a great woman based on that list.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
McHugh looked incredible today.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

ComposerGuy posted:

A question my brother, dad and I discussed a bit during the holiday game yesterday: Let's say Verlander keeps being really good and eventually gets voted into the HoF. If the Astros win a second WS while he's on the roster, does he go in as a Tiger or an Astro?

It's up to the Hall as to which Hat they get, but they seem to mostly respect the player's wishes as to which hat to wear if they are still around when inducted. If not it's usually the team that the player had the biggest impact on. Personally I'd think it would take a Cy Young and another WS win for Verlander to go in as an Astro, mostly because he spent a lot of very dominant years in Detroit.

Comedy Answer: https://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/24/1586171/baseball-hall-of-fame-which-hat-cap-plaque-wear

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ok avatar requests will be handled this week as I have time.

Unrelated note--Stassi came up big and is so far having a good season. How has this kid not gotten more playing time?

If you can fit in one more I'd take Cole because god damned dude has been on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I feel like the move to the AL was just so we would have to continue to face Pujols for as long as the dude plays. He was the primary reason I hated the cards and is now the primary reason I hate the Angels.

Edit: Always and forever 'gently caress the Yankees'.

• Locked thread