Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Marisnick's homerun today was 440 feet? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd be cool with the Astros winning a World Series game at this point :negative:

2005 hurt a lot

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine being Brandon Backe, an outfielder converted to pitcher, hopelessly mediocre but extremely passionate about winning, playing for your hometown team, pitching the game of your life in game 4 of the World Series with 7IP 0R 5H 0BB 7K and getting zero run support and watching your team lose 1-0 because of your formerly untouchable closer Brad Lidge

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I knew Marisnick was off to a hot start but I didn't realize he was slashing .308/.471/.538 :stare:

He's gotten off to a monster start before though and managed to end the season hovering around the Mendoza line so I'm not going to get too excited

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A clutch Ausmus game tying HR and an 18th inning walkoff from Chris loving Burke

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

reddit, my dude

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros bitch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I like that the Astros don't have a dumb checkerboard uni

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's funny to think that when this thread was made the Astros were significantly less dominant than they are now

Astros bitch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol I just realized we're about to be through the first week of June and the Astros division lead is almost as big as their total number of losses

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shadok posted:

Astros posters, you guys are good folks. Savour every minute of your crazy Astros year, and pray Sports Illustrated doesn't put your guys on the cover.

In summary, gently caress the Texas Rangers. Go Astros!

Uh

Or did I get :thejoke:ed?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SI's shop only has the digital version

https://backissues.si.com/storefront/2014/baseball-s-great-experiment-george-springer/prodSI20140630.html

They're selling the cover for $20 though lol

e: Someone's selling a copy on eBay for $80

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

My guess is to inflate his value at the deadline. 'Top prospect' sounds better than 'number three outfielder'.

Fisher/Springer/Reddick is a real outfield though, which would be nice to have

Marisnick is having a nice year for him but ehhhh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Tucker but Fisher is closer, Tucker is a year out at least

Hell, you could wait on Tucker and move on from Reddick while keeping Fisher

Tucker also gets you a much better player in a trade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tucker is 20 and slashing .288/.349/.553 in AA, I have high hopes for him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's tough. Could Kemp + Whitley + filler get it done? :v:

Also holy poo poo Daz is looking like a massive bust

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Whitley is probably a prospect on their level tbh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

This post is begging for a JeffersonLives forums reincarnation.

Sadly he was right about Singleton

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Daz hasn't looked good at any level yet. If he's going to avoid being a bust, he'd better get his poo poo together soon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gurriel is doing a well enough job IMO, I'm pretty pleased with the way he's been hitting especially lately

Sure he doesn't have the power or OBP you'd like from a 1B but it's a far sight better than what we've had

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tucker, Martes/Fisher and Paulino for Freeman, yes or no?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I know you're mad at Martes but his stuff is legit and he's still very young

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wouldn't mind moving Moran now while he has the illusion of value

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Very low but IIRC it doesn't matter because they went back to alternating AL/NL homefield

The only teams the Astros need to really worry about are the Indians and Red Sox

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/kidkeuchy/status/917536362710134785

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Me watching the game yesterday while down 3-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF56zOFYjvw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I posted that wrong, that should have been "The Astros speaking to me while down 3-2" not "me while they were down 3-2" because I was already in full "Dreading game 5" mode

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It would also be cool to beat both the Yankees and Red Sox in a single postseason on the way to a World Series run

It almost makes me wish the Cardinals had made it (but not quite) so they could potentially beat the top three teams in WS wins all in the same postseason

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Let's see if Hinch wises up and realizes it's better to have no lefty out of the pen than Liriano

Hell put Sipp on the roster

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Interesting stuff. Why add McHugh to the 25-man roster if you’re not going to start him?

Potential long relief I guess

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

After a night to sleep on it (and sobering up) I can't get over how ballsy Bregman's throw was

Ballsy as gently caress. That could have gone wrong in so many ways. He may not be hitting but the kid has confidence and nothing will rattle it. His glove has been a difference maker for the Astros all postseason

There's seriously no weak link on the Astros defensively. It's pretty great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/921947719459057669

Thank you for coming to Houston you two

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well if we don't that means both Keuchel and Verlander lost, so yeah pretty much

Against the Yankees I felt like the Astros had the advantage in lineup, top of the rotation, and fielding vs the Yankees with the pen. Against the Dodgers, the Astros have fielding and...narrative?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm really excited about this guys.

My marriage is probably about to be over, a bombshell my wife dropped on me last week from nowhere, and right now this playoff run is really holding me up.

Even if we lose, I'm just happy we're here.

I know that's a bit much to be sharing on our dead comedy forum, but following along and posting with my goon Astro buddies is really going to help. You're all great and our team is cool and good.

drat dude :smith: sorry to hear that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please change thread title to "the hits have stopped coming"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Excuses like "It's Kershaw, what can you do?" work in the regular season but if you want to win a championship you eventually have to get to guys who aren't normally gotten to. See: the Yankees and Dodgers getting to Keuchel

If we just wait around for the weak link in the Dodgers rotation then welp we're hosed because there really isn't one. This is a "historically great offense" and they should be able to get hits even against the best pitchers at least some of the time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RIP Astros

I hate being a fan of Houston sports

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm so happy

Seriously

Like deathly happy

Which is sad since it's a single game but at least the Astros have finally won a World Series game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I AM HAPPY TO LOOK DUMB

I'm seriously crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Despite my pessimism I love the Astros and I'm very happy when they win

• Locked thread