Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
What the hell, I'll sign up. Zero Combat Mission experience so this should go loving terribly perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
First Squad Orders

Right, first squad! Draw up infantry and Stryker support at the edge of the woods left (from our point of view) from the southern clearing, mounted in Stryker. Squad is to continue on southwards as planned, staying on the opposite side of the hill from CP Katy, wrapping around instead of crossing over the top, assuming the hill fully blocks sight. If this is not the case, instead divert to the southern woodlands. After either circling the hill, or entering the woods, dismount and retrieve one javelin and reload, as well as one AT4, and proceed forward with the Stryker using the [hunt] command.

Das Panzer fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 25, 2017

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Could we feasibly use Javelins to breach the rear wall? Or are those anti-vehicle only?

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
More detailed loadout for us newbies would be nice. AT-4s could still be situationally useful, but glad to hear we do in fact have javelins.

I don't suppose the soldiers can boost each other over the wall, though that's a terrible idea anyways.

Edit: upon further thoughts of ways to rid ourselves of our wall problem, can we just take a page out of the Russian Tanker's Handbook and run a Stryker through it?

Das Panzer fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 24, 2017

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
It does run the risk of there being AAA at the CP. i might be thinking overly cautiously, but I'd save the Raven for early warning duties once we've captured the CP and have to switch to a holding pattern.

Also, taken from earlier:

Nevermore214 posted:

After a brutal air campaign the last two nights, the Russians have been forced to regroup along Highway M14. They have erected temporary checkpoints along this critical road, and TF-Lightning Command has determined that before it can proceed with the counter-attack these checkpoints must be destroyed and cleared of mines. It has dispatched a reinforced stryker platoon from G Company to complete this task.

Brutal air campaign could mean that because we've got them on the defensive, they'll be prepping, or have prepped, anti-air countermeasures.

Could also be something to take with a grain of salt since we DID get some aerial recon, but it could still be a factor.

That being said, editing my deployment post now to match Barracuda's plan of attack.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Ahh, okay. Slight change of orders, take one AT-4, to be given to a rifleman, and leave the other for later.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Good old technical difficulties! Oh well, sounds like you've got it handled at least.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Whoops, we forgot to hold fire.

C'est la vie!

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Could be useful. HQ may want to consider hanging back a bit, until we clear CP Katy's AT assets, but do you want me to hold position with 1st, or dismount infantry and start advancing?

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Righto!

First Squad First Platoon Orders!

Infantry is to dismount Stryker and use run to push up to the second tree line with Monkeytime's squad, keeping aware of proper spacing if at all possible. Infantry is clear to engage any Russians they see, though they are instructed to use the Javelin ONLY for any Russian Armor, saving the AT-4.

First Squad Stryker is to take position left and parallel of HQ Stryker, with orders to continue suppressing the Russians if it has clear LOS. If enemy BMPs are spotted, pop smoke and prepare to pull back behind the hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

Nevermore214 posted:

OK! Finally back home.

1st Platoon 2nd Squad you do know you're next to 3rd squad, opposite side of the hill, yes? That line you've drawn is not from your location given you just dismounted where you had ordered on the prior turn. And for 2nd Platoon, 2nd squad is the one on the left. 1st on the right.

Also, as a helpful hint since it occurred to me... has anyone considered popping Smoke?

I had it in my orders, yes.

Das Panzer posted:

Righto!

First Squad First Platoon Orders!

Infantry is to dismount Stryker and use run to push up to the second tree line with Monkeytime's squad, keeping aware of proper spacing if at all possible. Infantry is clear to engage any Russians they see, though they are instructed to use the Javelin ONLY for any Russian Armor, saving the AT-4.

First Squad Stryker is to take position left and parallel of HQ Stryker, with orders to continue suppressing the Russians if it has clear LOS. If enemy BMPs are spotted, pop smoke and prepare to pull back behind the hill.

Also, welcome back home!

• Locked thread