Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is this the new posadist thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im pretty sure earth is loving backwards as gently caress in the eyes of the aliens
our philosophy
our morality
is light years behind theirs
they will ask
why didn't you listen to ron paul? you only needed to listen.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

i also think that there could be viruses zooming around the universe, some sort of signal that makes lifeforms want to build radio telescopes and rebroadcast the signal until the universe is singing the same hymn and whoever is running the sim gets pissed off and shuts us down

is maga a virus

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jose posted:

the only thing i care about is if i can gently caress the aliens

buddy, they wont even let me gently caress the aliens

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Imagine Trump trying to impress aliens with various boasts about gold buildings and voter turnout. They're all like, "We traveled countless light years to sp-" and then he cuts them off to tell them about how he has a golf course in Scotland, and it's the best.

Now imagine he gets really mad at the aliens when they don't seem duly impressed by his hot daughter or whatever, so he send several aircraft carriers into space in order to send em a message. Just launches the fuckers, unmodified for space flight and fully crewed, into the void.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie posted:

Imagine Trump trying to impress aliens with various boasts about gold buildings and voter turnout. They're all like, "We traveled countless light years to sp-" and then he cuts them off to tell them about how he has a golf course in Scotland, and it's the best.

Now imagine he gets really mad at the aliens when they don't seem duly impressed by his hot daughter or whatever, so he send several aircraft carriers into space in order to send em a message. Just launches the fuckers, unmodified for space flight and fully crewed, into the void.

i think ive seen this anime

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_b-5GAdC6U

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Baloogan posted:

i think ive seen this anime

*Aliens watch aircraft carrier full of screaming dying navy men, all banging on the glass as they freeze and asphyxiate, go cruising by their departing spacecraft*

Alien: Yeah, let's never go back there again.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Baloogan posted:

or, another scenario

earth's neutrino detectors go nuts, receiving some sort of binary code, on off on off 01011100101110111010001010
the data is recorded even though the neutrino scientists are pissed that someone is loving up their experiments. the stream of neutrinos seem to come from the core of the milky way
scientists around the world get to work cracking the code, years go by with zero progress decoding whatever it is, the public loses interest quickly
the transmission ends
we still don't know whatever the gently caress

eons later, post-humanity finally arives at the source of the neutrino signals and finds out that it was just some insect level alien species with no intelligence that spewed out neutrinos as part of their biochemical process

loving space fireflies

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

*Aliens watch aircraft carrier full of screaming dying navy men, all banging on the glass as they freeze and asphyxiate, go cruising by their departing spacecraft*

Alien: Yeah, let's never go back there again.

With just a little modification i'm sure we can take the fight right to those xeno bastards

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Zajajaja posted:

With just a little modification i'm sure we can take the fight right to those xeno bastards

Paint it gold and I'll sign whatever budget proposal you put on my desk.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I like the idea we're so hell-bent on killing each other it stopped humans getting into space and aliens will only realise this after sharing the technology for it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only messengers we need to talk the aliens are these two bad boys right here (i show my fists that have MARX and ENGELS tattooed on the knuckles)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
who wins in a fight? grays or nordics?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the ENGELS is all scrunched up to fit

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:hellyeah:

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

Jose posted:

I like the idea we're so hell-bent on killing each other it stopped humans getting into space and aliens will only realise this after sharing the technology for it

Theres a whole series about this actually, p cool read but its very AMERICA gently caress YEAH.
"The Road Not Taken" by Harry Turtledove. Ends with an alien crying about how hosed they are all now that humans have space rides.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is harry turtledove the lost cause alt history writer

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

What if it's bees and all the leaders of the world have to learn silly wiggle butt dances?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
One of my deeply paranoid aquantences believed that Hillary Clinton was going to use her power as leader of the free world to stage a massive "alien invasion" via holograms. She would use this E.T. false flag to bring humanity under one banner in a unified yet tyrannical New World Order

It is possible that Trump saved us from that

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
She did dress very science fictiony. And she can't describe why she wants to run. She has a fanatical circle of insiders. Support of the American Deep State, and the Soroses of the world.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

It's like the finale of Childhood's End but instead children dancing humanity into the infinite it's just people of color really getting along with the bees.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Blindsight is good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
just finished reading it myself, shorter than I thought it would be!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Baloogan posted:

just finished reading it myself, shorter than I thought it would be!

you can read?

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I also enjoyed the sequel although not as much

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

you can read?

my recommendation for the c-spam book club was the one selected by 2 rounds of voting
of course i can read

blindsight :drac::drac::drac::drac::drac::drac::drac::drac:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 236 days!
A single majestic vessel glides out of orbit over Washington and hovers gracefully over the National Mall. A ramp extends and a lithe being ventures forth. To an awed onlooker it pronounces "we have seen your cattes on the Joo-Toobe and have come to offer tribute unto them."

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 236 days!
"Furthermore, who is a good boy? Your dogges are good boys!"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
"We find that humans enslave other, lesser, species. Thus you should have no complaints that we shall now enslave you!"

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
we basically just wanted to gently caress w this guy fermi we heard some things about sorry bye

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

steinrokkan posted:

Aliens arrive
Alien leader extends his graceful hand towards Earth's delegate and whispers "Teach me what makes you human"
A single tear rolls down the human's cheek, then he replies emotionally: "I'm not here to educate you, shitlord!"

pitch perfect
that is exactly how it would go down

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

One of my deeply paranoid aquantences believed that Hillary Clinton was going to use her power as leader of the free world to stage a massive "alien invasion" via holograms. She would use this E.T. false flag to bring humanity under one banner in a unified yet tyrannical New World Order

It is possible that Trump saved us from that

:laffo:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
God help the aliens that run into us at a time when we could push an asteroid in the direction of any planet we so wished.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pretty sure we're the most dangerous game in the Galaxy op.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i think aliens would enjoy the fact that our sun & moon look like theyre the same size from the surface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

We're also 100% the "lanky low grav people with pyromania."

• Locked thread