Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I got the jp ps4 version like 2 years ago cool game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

At this point I would go for a Hail Mary and buy a switch.

Well the Switch does have an eShop version...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Success at the 4th store. And the guy who checked out for me called over his friend and excitedly yelled "somebody's buying Puyo!!" and we all swapped gamer tags for online. I found a Best Buy staffed by Tetris enthusiasts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Success at the 4th store. And the guy who checked out for me called over his friend and excitedly yelled "somebody's buying Puyo!!" and we all swapped gamer tags for online. I found a Best Buy staffed by Tetris enthusiasts

lmfao that rules

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

God drat I am ready to puzzle. Who wants to play online tonight?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ppl who have the english version, is there n option to switch to the japanese voices? theyre 100x better, espcially the bear

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

God drat I am ready to puzzle. Who wants to play online tonight?

switch version right? if so im down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Amazing. PS4 version? I'm gonna hopefully pick it up tonight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

switch version right? if so im down

Yesss

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I preordered it on Amazon so it should be here by the end of the day.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Fungah! posted:

ppl who have the english version, is there n option to switch to the japanese voices? theyre 100x better, espcially the bear

no

edit: to both sentences

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Amazing. PS4 version? I'm gonna hopefully pick it up tonight

Yup PS4. From what I've seen the English voice seem fun. One of them is the Morgana VA though so that's disorienting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know how to play puyo puyo or tetris but it seemed fun from the video of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a crap ton of Tetris on N64 making all the world wonders, but there's no way I was ever actually any good. And Puyo Puyo seems fun

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

puyo makes m y brain hurt but its super fun aand tetris rules. the official youtube channl put up some advanced tutorials, people interested shouldg o check them out

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I'm good at normie Tetris (not grandmaster) but the only Puyo I've played is Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I'm hype

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm doing to tutorials as a matter of habit and it's very weird to have somebody explain like. Set up a line...and the TetronimosTM will be cleared!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The story mode in this is epic.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

I was playing the demo this weekend and even though it rules, not hearing the bear's JP voice yelling 'i love teturis' was devastating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Playing Tetris with a expensive fight stick ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Thinking about double dipping now lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

In Training posted:

There's a controller layout specifically built for stick that maps hold to LP instead of whatever R1 is

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORI is making one for Switch probably for the launch of Ultra SF2... https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/03/04/hori-reveals-new-arcade-stick-switch/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool they gave a fun sound effect when you do a t-spin

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Wormskull posted:

HORI is making one for Switch probably for the launch of Ultra SF2... https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/03/04/hori-reveals-new-arcade-stick-switch/

I'm hoping that brooks or whoever makes a converter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can u play jp version online with us version that would be tite

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yeah they're compatible, jp version even got a patch yesterday to add all the new playercard regions and qol stuff like connection strength meters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's nothing more stressful than when you're playing Tetris and you cross the level where the speed become unmanageable and you watch your board fall apart in front of your eyes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dragon enthusiast posted:

yeah they're compatible, jp version even got a patch yesterday to add all the new playercard regions and qol stuff like connection strength meters

nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is it just me or is tiny Puyo barely a game. I just swapped holding down left or down right and kept the game going for over 30 minutes and tens of millions of points

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
If you want an endless mode for Puyo play the endurance mode buried in one of the game mode submenus that keeps lining up cpus for you to body

If you want to get bodied by core AI instead play a regular vs match but hold L1 while selecting the CPU character

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm buying this rn.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm up to play in 2 hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

If you want an endless mode for Puyo play the endurance mode buried in one of the game mode submenus that keeps lining up cpus for you to body

If you want to get bodied by core AI instead play a regular vs match but hold L1 while selecting the CPU character

I don't know anything about Puyo so I watched the tutorials and have been trying to build stairs in the 1P arcade mode

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
the quick easy fun puzzle classic is disc only? :stare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scott zoloft posted:

the quick easy fun puzzle classic is disc only? :stare:

On PS4 yeah, blame Ubisoft

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i want to get the switch version even though everyones getting it on ps4 and the switch version is more expensive and i also dont actually have a switch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Any switch puzzlers here? I'm ready to battle.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im goin to the gym, should be home by 8:30 or so edt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i want to get the switch version even though everyones getting it on ps4 and the switch version is more expensive and i also dont actually have a switch

I would love to have aportable version of this game

• Locked thread