Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This looks fun as hell but I don't have a Switch. Thankfully the latest Project Miku DLC Pack comes with some Puyo Puyo themed accessories/outfits so I can still enjoy the Brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

It's coming to PS4 too!

Oh hellyeah! Probably won't have cross platform online but at least I can play local+PS4 Imps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill be buying PS4 digital on Tuesday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's only available physically on PS4 because Ubisoft holds the Tetris digital rights.

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You mean I have to leave the house...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched the GB quick look for this and this game looks beyond epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the PS4 gamers getting it tomorrow should try to play the online arcade in the evening or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I checked two stores this morning and neither has this game. I'm getting worried I'll have to order it on amazon and wait for a delivery

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3 stores....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At this point I would go for a Hail Mary and buy a switch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Success at the 4th store. And the guy who checked out for me called over his friend and excitedly yelled "somebody's buying Puyo!!" and we all swapped gamer tags for online. I found a Best Buy staffed by Tetris enthusiasts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Amazing. PS4 version? I'm gonna hopefully pick it up tonight

Yup PS4. From what I've seen the English voice seem fun. One of them is the Morgana VA though so that's disorienting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a crap ton of Tetris on N64 making all the world wonders, but there's no way I was ever actually any good. And Puyo Puyo seems fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm doing to tutorials as a matter of habit and it's very weird to have somebody explain like. Set up a line...and the TetronimosTM will be cleared!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The story mode in this is epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Playing Tetris with a expensive fight stick ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool they gave a fun sound effect when you do a t-spin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's nothing more stressful than when you're playing Tetris and you cross the level where the speed become unmanageable and you watch your board fall apart in front of your eyes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is it just me or is tiny Puyo barely a game. I just swapped holding down left or down right and kept the game going for over 30 minutes and tens of millions of points

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

If you want an endless mode for Puyo play the endurance mode buried in one of the game mode submenus that keeps lining up cpus for you to body

If you want to get bodied by core AI instead play a regular vs match but hold L1 while selecting the CPU character

I don't know anything about Puyo so I watched the tutorials and have been trying to build stairs in the 1P arcade mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i want to get the switch version even though everyones getting it on ps4 and the switch version is more expensive and i also dont actually have a switch

I would love to have aportable version of this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't even know why I try to play ranked, some of these Puyo guys can beat me in about 15 seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So who is on PS4 and wants to play tonight? I'm bad but I like playing this game a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once you get World 3 three stars is going to get tough and in world 4 and beyond that's going to require to actually learn how to play Puyo and Tetris, often at the same time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a game of swap mode just now and after the first play I landed a 4x chain all Clear swap mode combo and instinctively tried to pause the game to soak it in but it was a multi match

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scott zoloft posted:

i'm playing online and i'm getting crushed. i'm certain my online opponents see that i suck and then toy with me. the only appropriate response to this sort of shame is to keep playing and puzzle harder.

If I get matched with a Japanese grand master they will crush me in 10 seconds and then spend the next round fast falling the center to the top and clearing it and still winning effortlessly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

how's the single player options? I havent owned a tetris since the original game boy one, so playing online is really not an option for me

There's a story mode wth challenges and stuff but also you can play Tetris and Puyo, and both of them at the same time as you want

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shouts out to the Korean guy I played swap mode for an hour with who was as bad as me and had nothing but tense matches. I'm addicted to swap mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I like that Big Bang mode gives you a huge technical credit payout for all the all clears/combos you get by just doing the stages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought the Ringo one and couldn't really tell much of a difference. My main doesn't have an alt pack anyway (the goth wizard girl or whatever)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big Bang is the most overwhelming audio visual assault I've seen in a game in a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Btw where the hell did they get all these Tetris and Puyo characters. Is there deep puzzle action lore I was unaware of or are they new to this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Tetris characters are new for this game, but: https://puyonexus.com/wiki/List_of_Characters

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am now a Rookie Tetris Elder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's totally possible but rare due to the randomness of it happening. I wonder if they have a voice clip for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only complaint I have about this game is that I wish there was more stuff unlockable with the credits. I wanna swap the line clearing sound for the N64 sound, it was so drat satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6pFldQZ3g&t=125s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh what on earth....Acts 8, 9 and 10 are now unlocked

Nuoh My God

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crayon is the canon palette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Murking somebody with one huge chain is so badass.

• Locked thread