Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
You get extra stages/backgrounds/songs, though, so it isn't without reason. But you can always cheat to unlock those on Switch.

I love it when margin time turns games into nuclear tennis :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Caithness posted:

I don't get it, how can pvp be screwed up? Whatever new advantages one player has, the other has access to as well.

I haven't checked but one possibility is that Puyo has very specific rules for "feel" (timing, etc) and cause and effect (doing a certain thing will always generate X damage, etc) and they may have messed one of those up. Tetris is the same way with the "guideline", every game is supposed to feel the same

The lack of detailed patch notes is really lame

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Caithness posted:

Fusion garbage without puyos on top is meaningless, because Tetris pieces make it disappear.

If you lock it. Once Tetris pieces lock on trash they sink through it.

You can't t-spin a piece that's sinking through fusion trash, and almost anything you use to clear it is going to end up botching your t-spin.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Feels real weird beating 7000-rated players in Tetris as a 4000-rated Puyo player.

Though sometimes I can bop a 7000-rated Puyo player too, maybe nobody just expects a 5-chain rush?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Puyo games are a hard sell overseas because people don't want to pay retail prices for puzzle games anymore and they also have big localisation costs that other puzzle games don't have

There's always Puyo Quest, the horrible mobile F2P game that somehow got localized (in Canada only?) as "Cranky Food Friends" :suicide:

(and apparently did so poorly it died soon after, can't imagine why)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
It might be Puyo Puyo Tetris time once more.

Sega posted announcements to two of their (unrelated) games on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/460790/announcements/detail/1680275500369804955
Green Puyo on Bayonetta

http://steamcommunity.com/games/460810/announcements/detail/1647624403069348768
Z piece on Vanquish

Along with the news about PPT apparently hitting >= 1,000,000 in sales... I suppose I should get ready to buy this game for the 5th time :v:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Caithness posted:

What, you never got the Wii U or Vita versions?

PS3J, PS4J, PS4, Switch... Missed out on the cool Puyo keychain by buying digital, though. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
That would require region unlocking, i.e. :effort:

• Locked thread