Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I got the jp ps4 version like 2 years ago cool game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can u play jp version online with us version that would be tite

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dragon enthusiast posted:

yeah they're compatible, jp version even got a patch yesterday to add all the new playercard regions and qol stuff like connection strength meters

nice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

scott zoloft posted:

i'm playing online and i'm getting crushed. i'm certain my online opponents see that i suck and then toy with me. the only appropriate response to this sort of shame is to keep playing and puzzle harder.

the game has been out for a few years in japan + imports so there's a lot of psychos already playing it watch out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i gotta bust this out and play some more but i don't want to navigate thru jp menus even tho i can read them :smugbird:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

how's the single player options? I havent owned a tetris since the original game boy one, so playing online is really not an option for me

it has a story mode/adventure mode like all the other puyo puyo games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

everyone be sure to deepen your appreciation of the puyo puyo mythos and lore by playing mado monogatari: hanamaru dai youchienji

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a lot of not actually that good players (me) use a real flexible form called gtr to build easy turnarounds
http://puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1216
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HyNDaUSqgE0

nice i need to up my puyo game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Btw where the hell did they get all these Tetris and Puyo characters. Is there deep puzzle action lore I was unaware of or are they new to this game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

now that i own A SWITCH i kind of want to get this on SWITCH but i bet there's still more ppl on ps4 atm and playing with a stick feels too drat good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

switch netplay is way more active

Blug

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Whoa when did you get a switch.

they were availlable on amaon prime for liek 20 minutes the other day

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Every time I do this or something like it I want to throw my controller off a 30 story building

i don't because a switch costs 300 dollars :smugbird:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Haven't most of Japan been playing on PS4 the past 3 years though.

and vita, ps3, and 3ds as well

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'd play more on ps4 if playing in bed on the switch wasn't so drat convenient.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

upped my prework poo poo game by going number 2 and playing puyo puyo tetris on the toilet...regiie you've done it again!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i dind't know there was a tspin bonus but i haven't gone thru the tetris tutorial either

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i can only do more than 4 chains in puyo by complete accident fuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got 100% in adventure mode even tho i've only done all the 3 stars for worlds 1-4. incredible!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i keep beating the cpu on the puyo levels before i get teh score req for 3 starts....fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Those are the toughest. You have to build a big chain and burn it all at once. They'll die to two and three-chains before you can hit your score.

ya i just do ez 4 or 5 chain stair setups and then the cpu is dead because they always have huge stacks on the sides...fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

time to learn a gtr and do 6 and 7 chains

nooo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i spent liek 20 minutes doing the big bang stage in world 6 or 7 where you have to get 100k points because i only know how to tspin t-shaped bricks and always get confused on which way to spin L and s shaped 'minos

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

everyone be sure to play the puyu puyu sun english translation to learn important puyo lore like how arle gets groped by the witch

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Caithness posted:

You don't get a trophy for getting 130%...

gah!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWPU3ml-DY&t=53s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its a gatcha rpg called puyo puyo quest

• Locked thread