Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I heard Mélenchon wants a 100% tax on the rich. I don't know if that's true, but I'm just going to pretend it is because it absolutely rules.

100% tax after like 400,000 euros of income. So you can only make 400,000 euros a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I heard Mélenchon wants a 100% tax on the rich. I don't know if that's true, but I'm just going to pretend it is because it absolutely rules.

He does. In a shocking turn of events the time people remember fondly in the UK the top rate of tax was 90% because its good for society

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

quote:

he really hates the us and germany, he wants out of nato as well (he likes russia and venezuela) other than that hes fine

good to see it's not just LePen upholding France's longstanding tradition of collaboration with fascists

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

He does. In a shocking turn of events the time people remember fondly in the UK the top rate of tax was 90% because its good for society

The highest non-wartime tax rate on the top bracket for the United States was 91% in 1954.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

no nationalist chauvinism here no sir just a healthy attitude towards foreign countries from a guy who's foreign policy is a carbon copy of LePen's

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

He's right though. Americans are the least qualified to run the world, and yet we bear the most influence upon it. If you don't resent that, then you're a rube.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

:yeah:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

no nationalist chauvinism here no sir just a healthy attitude towards foreign countries from a guy who's foreign policy is a carbon copy of LePen's

source for this claim?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am gonna go get some freedom fries in hopes that france elects le pen

and maybe some pens

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

maybe some freedom pens

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
At the end of the night, France is still going to have one less fascist elected than the US.

Tragically Poutoumentum was not real, though.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Gauche caviar

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

He's got us there.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'll smack the National Front too for hating on my freedom fries :911:

They want to pull France out of our Atlanticist empire like what? And yapping along with that rhetoric is a champagne-sipping bilingual Canadian duck!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFELNIpeTjY&t=7s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Who wants foie gras for dinner?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The highest non-wartime tax rate on the top bracket for the United States was 91% in 1954.

Oh weird werent the 50s considered a time of untold prosperity for working class Americans????? Mustve been a lack of market regulations

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

Oh weird werent the 50s considered a time of untold prosperity for working class Americans????? Mustve been a lack of market regulations

More like the women were in the kitchen and not in the workforce. WHICH IS WHERE THEY BELONG AM I RIGHT FELLAS!? Hi five!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Agnosticnixie posted:

At the end of the night, France is still going to have one less fascist elected than the US.

yeah, the fascist gets elected may 7th

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

le penis

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

exmarx posted:

yeah, the fascist gets elected may 7th

Mélenchon isn't a fascist, and he is going to be elected.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nanomashoes posted:

Mélenchon isn't a fascist, and he is going to be elected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfuFjA2NOx0

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Agnosticnixie posted:

Lmao based on my experience with French people le pen is definitely going to win

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
le gouverneur

:anime:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

"Le pen isn't going to win! Look at how terribly she treats Muslims and Jews!" - someone who hasn't brought up the Roma around a european

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

S'il vous plaît applaudir

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Didn't Hollande propose a 90% tax on high income and it turned out to be the first disaster of his trainwreck of a presidency?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
"Based on my experience Le Pen has been president since 2000" - a very convincing argument

Seriously reading this thread you'd think Le Pen has the majority of seats at the national assembly rather than the PS (she has 2).

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He's right though. Americans are the least qualified to run the world, and yet we bear the most influence upon it. If you don't resent that, then you're a rube.

So who is the most qualified to run the world?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

zegermans posted:

Didn't Hollande propose a 90% tax on high income and it turned out to be the first disaster of his trainwreck of a presidency?

he lacked leadership and immediately tacked to the right at the first sign of trouble

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

C'est bon ... pour JEB!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Agnosticnixie posted:

"Based on my experience Le Pen has been president since 2000" - a very convincing argument

Seriously reading this thread you'd think Le Pen has the majority of seats at the national assembly rather than the PS (she has 2).
So what you're saying is that if Le Pen somehow managed to win (she won't) it will be impossible for her to govern.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So what you're saying is that if Le Pen somehow managed to win (she won't) it will be impossible for her to govern.
2 less impossible than Emmanuel Macron who has 0 members of his party because it didn't exist until about a week ago.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
It's not hard to imagine when his campaign is basically the "Bloomberg runs as the third party PUMA candidate" run at this point

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

macron gains about 10% in voting because he's handsome

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the french are vain as hell

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Karl Barks posted:

the french are vain as hell

Literally why both leftie candidates have one or two days' worth of stubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I wonder how this french election is going

Well, it's french all right

• Locked thread