Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Le Jeb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Frenchest sentiment possible?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Guaiana get a vote?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Agag posted:

No "hon hon hon" or missing the fact that they're still running countries as colonies and no one calls them on it but still moralizing about people running the world, but aside for that...

Grondoth has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Apr 23, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Le Pen will win and then the world will burn bigly

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

Guaiana get a vote?

every french citizens get a vote, whether they live in Guiana, Polynesia,Paris or elsewhere in the world. One man, one vote

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
France embraces a Nazi while Germany tries to fight back

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

Guaiana get a vote?
Oui

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

logikv9 posted:

France embraces a Nazi while Germany tries to fight back

The last bastion of liberal democracy. Festung Germania.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

logikv9 posted:

Le Pen will win and then the world will burn bigly

my understanding is she'd have no support in the french legislature?? but i dunno what i'm talking about

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Karl Barks posted:

my understanding is she'd have no support in the french legislature?? but i dunno what i'm talking about

Could someone who understands French elections explain to me how she's a viable candidate for the presidency despite having only a couple of people from her party in their legislature?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

ya i don't really know what kind of pwers the french executive has. it seems like very little

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
she'd have little real tangible power without a revolution in the legislature as well, yea, but it'd be pretty bad if arguably the core member of the EU was headed by a woman who runs around saying the literal worst poo poo possible at all times. You can gently caress up a country with just public support of reprehensible ideas if you have a nice title.

Also it's not like she'd be totally hamstrung, I don't know the exact powers she'd have but she would be able to at least push for some hosed up poo poo even if the actual lawmakers had the ability to resist.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Karl Barks posted:

ya i don't really know what kind of pwers the french executive has. it seems like very little

the president controls defence and foreign policy and appoints the prime minister who handles everything else

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh yea that too, there's no way she won't appoint a PM who's every bit as sub-human as her so that's a wash on the whole 'well she won't be able to do a ton'

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

don't worry, Le Pen wont win, le bleu wall will hold

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Agag posted:

de Gaulle made that a big part of his schtick, so yeah.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

you probably shouldn't do that lepen, i think he's getting off to it

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Condiv posted:

you probably shouldn't do that lepen, i think he's getting off to it

Don't kinkshame.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

drat those boys thicc

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Feel the Fillon

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
I'm the tiny gun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtvJMwCYSjE

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

Yes, tragically Le Pen would possibly win if the system to apportion votes was based on how many heads of cattle are in each department.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

Le Broward Country always comes in late, stop panicking sacre bleu

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Azathoth posted:

Could someone who understands French elections explain to me how she's a viable candidate for the presidency despite having only a couple of people from her party in their legislature?

You get to be candidate if you can hoodwink 500 mayors to sign a petition for you, out of a bit over 36000 communes.

Presidential candidates with little in the way of official party presence behind them are common as a result, and the presidency and national assembly aren't even on the same electoral schedule. Le Pen is basically a protest vote for people who otherwise vote UMP or Random Right in the legislatives, with only about half her presidential vote total ever materializing during legislative elections if even that.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

They spelt cuck wrong

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I feel the Fillonmentum!

No results yet but I still feel it!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Agag posted:

:same:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Dammit my feels

Nooooooooooooooooo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
here is a crash course in the french language in case anyone prefers to watch their local coverage

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Va faire pleurer le colosse.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/856207887412076549

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i guess i better start making plans to leave since le pen is getting elected

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Congrats to Emmanuel Macron, the next President of the French Republic. Also to his freaky teacher wife oh my how weird but also kinda kinky and sexy maybe?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

oh, and thanks obama for helping yet another fascist slide into power.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

though i'm sure hamprince is happy that there are two racist immigrant hating politicos in the runoff

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

oh, and thanks obama for helping yet another fascist slide into power.

What now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Macron is basically exactly the same as *check notes* the actual neo-nazi, like just a full on fascist white supremacist nationalist

• Locked thread