Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He's right though. Americans are the least qualified to run the world, and yet we bear the most influence upon it. If you don't resent that, then you're a rube.

So who is the most qualified to run the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

oh, and thanks obama for helping yet another fascist slide into power.

What now?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Karl Barks posted:

lol of cooourse he's a banker

It's the only way to make money these days, so yeah. In the future eligibility for public office will be limited to bankers, lawyers, and maaaaybe tech bros.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

What a cool guy.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Leftists pick up their ball and go home, then blame everyone else for the fascist getting in. I can see it all so clearly.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

http://elections.interieur.gouv.fr/presidentielle-2017/FE.html

estimated official results. le pen is in first place. hamprince is still happy his favorite anti-immigration candidate gets to lose in the runoff election to lepen and the world gets another fascist

How is this Obama's fault, again?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

obama begging people to vote for macron so that another hillary clone can lose to a fascist. that's how

And he should have done...what?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

not endorse the guy who is responsible for the PS (french version of the dems) being dead today? seems like a good idea to me

Obama remains popular overseas. I'm trying to figure out whether you're saying he should have remained silent altogether, or should have spoken in favor of the guy who literally hates America?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

i think obama should stop trying to influence elections towards centrists. the dems are already having a lot of trouble thanks to the last clown obama helped get elected

So he should have stayed silent, and you're asserting that his phone call somehow made the situation worse, on the basis of nothing. Gotcha. The keen political insights of a Jill Stein voter.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

you're an idiot, i didn't vote for jill stein

My mistake, I just remember all the tedious rubbish you wrote in the Green thread in defense of voting for Jill Stein. Mea culpa.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

i think people should be able to vote for whoever they want, and that its the party's responsibility to attract voters. you probably find that tedious cause you're the kind of idiot who would vote dem if they didn't even put up a candidate

I still have no idea what you think Obama was supposed to do, or how he bears any responsibility for any eventual result, btw. I'd still like that explained.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Where do the candidates stand on restoring the Bonapartes to the throne? Because I'm kinda a single-issue voter.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

I think the reverse is fairly likely in the Le Pen timeline

So at least there's a silver lining. Who doesn't lust for Kraut death?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

please, you're interrupting his fantasies of joining the trump army and parachuting into brussels

I think your brain may be broken.

btw, you never answered my question about why this is Obama's fault.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

yeah i did. a page or two back, you even responded

No, you just said "I don't like Obama doing things I don't like," you didn't explain how he made anything worse, or how he "[helped] side another fascist into power." I find this idea genuinely confusing! Would you please explain your reasoning?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

he advocated for macron and wanted macron to win. macron's a hillary clone and will lose to a fascist.

So when that doesn't happen, how will you revise your view of the situation?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bulbo posted:

Also, lol at Obama endorsing a communist.

Who explicitly hates Americans. Gee, it's too bad he didn't get in. drat Obama for his ~centrism~!

e: vvv not intended that way.

Tacky-Ass Rococco has issued a correction as of 03:17 on Apr 24, 2017

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the american left is terminally brokebrained and only capable of seeing electoral politics as a competition between centrism and fascism that fascism will eventually win

Bitterness and pessimism are definitely going to finally start paying dividends any day now.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

23% of Jean-Luc Melencon's electors from the first round say that they will vote for marine le pen in the second, rising seven points in one week.

Goddamn MelenconMessieurs.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

i'm gonna choose to translate this as "i am the speed force"

How the hell did you get a definite from an indefinite article? He said "I am a speed force." PK is the forums' most prominent Marxist-Leninist-Thawnist.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Drone stricken, surely.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Nanomashoes posted:

reminder that Macron sucks hard tho

Haha, what a piece of poo poo. So he's not Obama, he's Bill Clinton without the charm. Welp. The French left has five years to get its poo poo together, at least.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

deadgoon posted:

forced into a choice between a banker and a racist, i would choose the racist

this is poor decision making on your part.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

does this apply to france now too? maybe not to UK with corbyn tho

https://twitter.com/bro_pair/status/390732071536050176

The obvious solution is that we all become financiers.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
good, he can restore the House of Bonaparte.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Macron’s party buries French establishment in first round of legislative elections

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kurtofan posted:

mélenchon just called him a nerd

He's a Fields medalist who dresses like a magician. What could possibly be cooler than that?

Nothing. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shear Modulus posted:

someone with not-poo poo politics

Unless this hypothetical someone also has a Fields medal, or at least a Nobel Prize in physics, he's not gonna be as cool as the mathemagician guy.

• Locked thread