Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
she'd have little real tangible power without a revolution in the legislature as well, yea, but it'd be pretty bad if arguably the core member of the EU was headed by a woman who runs around saying the literal worst poo poo possible at all times. You can gently caress up a country with just public support of reprehensible ideas if you have a nice title.

Also it's not like she'd be totally hamstrung, I don't know the exact powers she'd have but she would be able to at least push for some hosed up poo poo even if the actual lawmakers had the ability to resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh yea that too, there's no way she won't appoint a PM who's every bit as sub-human as her so that's a wash on the whole 'well she won't be able to do a ton'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/856207887412076549

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Macron is basically exactly the same as *check notes* the actual neo-nazi, like just a full on fascist white supremacist nationalist

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
except for Trump the issue was he constantly over-performed polls and had that whole 'hidden Trump support' thing going, and Le Pen is performing exactly like polling shows and that's not good for her?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

"polling was right this time! that must mean it's fixed and we can trust it again!!"

i don't think the guy who's responsible for the PS and current admin being as hated as it is now will show too well against fascist le pen in an election where voters are calling for change

voters have constantly polled supporting the lovely bank boy much more than the lovely nazi and hell, I'm ok with that. Not HAPPY, but yea stopping the nationalist surge in europe is a good thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

etalian posted:

Marcon's platform is MILF Lives Matter

and hell, same.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I totally agree that Macron is a really lame candidate, it's just that none of the polling reflects the idea that the french voters are eager for his blood and hungry for Le Pen's flavor of 'change'. They're not exactly popping boners for the dude, but in the face of a choice between 'lame kinda poo poo banker' and 'far right nationalist that will do poo poo like try to get out of the EU and thinks colonialism was a good thing for Africa and poo poo' France's voters are going 'yea gently caress I guess give me the banker' by a larger margin than Clinton's polls had her over Trump.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
smash cut to two weeks from now.

I can't believe Le Pen won by 30 points

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MaxxBot posted:

Macron will win but he definitely won't fix anything so the Le Pen Presidency will probably just be delayed.

yea prolly

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Horseshoe theory posted:

Not sure why they didn't simply re-elect Hollande if they wanted more of the same.

because this is different*!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Everyone Dies, But Woke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pussy

• Locked thread