Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

he really hates the us and germany, he wants out of nato as well (he likes russia and venezuela) other than that hes fine

Actually these are all sensible positions. Mélenchon owns, go Mélenchon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I heard Mélenchon wants a 100% tax on the rich. I don't know if that's true, but I'm just going to pretend it is because it absolutely rules.

100% tax after like 400,000 euros of income. So you can only make 400,000 euros a year.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

He's got us there.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

exmarx posted:

yeah, the fascist gets elected may 7th

Mélenchon isn't a fascist, and he is going to be elected.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mélenchon can still win this.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It's cool that a bunch of weirdos who haven't posted since November 9th have suddenly showed up in this thread and are already pre-emptively blaming Melenchon for the strong and powerful centrist candidate's loss.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

in condiv and nanomashoes defence, it's extremely difficult to vote for the not fascist when you have crippling brain problems

It's really easy to not vote in the french election, as I am not a french citizen.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

mike12345 posted:

What's the story behind the east-west divide? Different industries, cultural?

Rightful German Territory vs. Independent Catalonia.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Coolguye posted:

the gently caress is macron's platform i haven't been watching this election at all

Pro having sex with your teacher.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Yep. It's so loving stupid and obviously just there to give southern states more sway.

No it's there to make sure the masses don't pick the president, just the wise men.
It's the electoral college combined with the 3/5ths rule that gave southern states more sway.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

jBrereton posted:

It 👏 Was 👏 Originally 👏 Solely 👏 Intended 👏 To 👏 Stop 👏 Congress 👏 Picking 👏 The 👏 President 👏 Themselves 👏 In 👏 A 👏 System 👏 With 👏 A 👏 Theoretically 👏 Separate 👏 Legislative 👏 And 👏 Executive 👏 Branch 👏 Which 👏 Is 👏 Why 👏 Congresspeople 👏 Can't 👏 Be 👏 Electors

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all this applause.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

France either says goodbye to its short work week or goodbye to Algerians.

Algerians are historically very difficult for the French to get rid of.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This is good news... for Jeb!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

reminder that Macron sucks hard tho

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

All of Hakimashou's personal opinions are wrong, but his analysis that Macron is what the French deserve is spot on.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Although on further consideration I just remembered that Mélenchon says he hates Americans because we're terrible cooks, so actually he's more french and hakamishou is wrong again.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

must resist fap

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

lets microloan africa out of its civilizational problems and into debt slavery

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

macron doesnt even use holograms smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes