Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Hapsburgs who counted, the Spanish and Austrian Hapsburgs, all died of inbreeding. The guys who call themselves Hapsburgs today are some distantly related house that changed their name to Hapsburg in the late 18th century, after everyone died who would have cared.

e: https://twitter.com/chessrockwell_/status/971069225803554816

Nope the Spanish branch died because of inbredding. The last 'real' Austrian Habsburg Emperor didn't had a son so he rewrote the law so is daughter Maria Theresia could take over. She married some dude and added his name to the Habsburg Name. The new line was Habsburg-Lorraine.

Ed. All the Habsburg still living are direct descende from her. Also the famous Marie Antoniett was one of her daughters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

I don't understand this analogy at all.

The point i wanted to make is that calling them only a 'distantly related' house is just wrong.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Smash all nobility in a particle acclerator together until we find the Emperor particle

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Not sure they stopped after the seventies

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Lol they locked Sarkozy up

• Locked thread