Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Frenchest sentiment possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

logikv9 posted:

France embraces a Nazi while Germany tries to fight back

The last bastion of liberal democracy. Festung Germania.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I didn't bother looking up the details of the French electoral system because they are due for a new republic any day now and we'll just have to learn the new system.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

lol if you don't think she'll sell out her economically left plans almost immediately

It'll be like the Trump win where none of the crazy/exciting stuff happens and you just get a boilerplate right-wing agenda. She won't be able to do the wacky ethnic nationalism and will cave to austerity economics almost immediately.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

rudatron posted:

The racism will still be there though, that'll survive any pivot

Racism is weird in that its ubiquitous but racists never seen to be able to get their policies implemented effectively. Then when they do in some limited measure it becomes an international disgrace. Like that child rape gulag Australia keeps migrants in, or Israel and... all the stuff they have going on.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

"never" is a somewhat . . . limited view of history

I'm talking about contemporary politics for sure. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Historically racism had a hell of a good run. And will probably be big in the Mad Max times to come.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

both of these things are still going on

Yup. Any everybody except WP people think its shameful trash.

This is my view of white supremacism in general. They get their small victories. They shut off some immigration to one place for a short time. The beat someone up, or the cheer when the state tortures or murders a few people here and there. But in the end they never get what they want, because what they want is incoherent bullshit.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

now i'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed, but we're looking at ten, twenty million dead- tops.

History: come for the millions dying all the time for no good reason. Stay for the witty thing that Napoleon said that time, and it was to his subordinates so they had to laugh.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

exmarx posted:

thousands of refugees drown in the Mediterranean every year because of bloodless, sensible, immigration policy decisions

And the kind of people who celebrate that still think their country is turning into a caliphate.

No pleasing some people.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

does this apply to france now too? maybe not to UK with corbyn tho

https://twitter.com/bro_pair/status/390732071536050176

This guy is a good writer, but I don't get crying about Wall Street influence and centrist cowards when you could enjoy a nazi weeping in defeat FOR ONE DAY JESUS, DAN.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Nonsense posted:

He wrote that in 2013.

Ah, but he RT'd it today. *eyes dart around, sweating*

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

anime was right posted:

twitter is probably worse for politics than facebook is by a mile

Hillary's "describe your college debt in three emojis" tweet did more to sink her campaign that every nazi pepe put together.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

say what you want about le pen it really sounds like she made a major effort to become less lovely compared to her family and even cut off contact. j'auplaudie

still lovely though lol!!!!

You can't transition from overt to covert racist. It only works in the other direction.

Kurtofan posted:

they've got a soured relationship ever since she booted him off the party

He went full Holocaust denial. You're supposed to go halfway like Marine and agree that the Holocaust happened but claim France wasn't culpable at all.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Guess its time to throw in our lot with the Corsican separatist party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

praise be to macron

Welllll.... *sighs for 20 minutes* still better than a Nazi I guess.

• Locked thread