Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

In a reversal of 2002, Le Pen will crush with 80+% of the vote in the runoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Agag posted:

The Frenchest sentiment possible?

de Gaulle made that a big part of his schtick, so yeah.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Condiv posted:

you probably shouldn't do that lepen, i think he's getting off to it

Don't kinkshame.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Oh no you guys are right the far right is unstoppable, just ask prime minister geert wilders

Parliamentary elections and coalitions leading to PMs if there is no majority party are different than Presidential elections...? :confused:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Not sure why they didn't simply re-elect Hollande if they wanted more of the same.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

jBrereton posted:

It's cool they elected his economy minister who is more or less to blame for the worst stuff.

Sounds like the happy ending that the French deserve, then.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Agnosticnixie posted:

Yes, I'm sure the PCF is burning to vote for the nazi.

Look how well it worked for the Strasserists!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

etalian posted:

It's like the time in which Hitler lost his first election attempts but this only made him fine tune his strategy for the next time around.

So Macron will appoint Le Pen as Prime Minister or something?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

etalian posted:

I hope not, he's sort of screwed either way since he's not from one of more traditional parties.

I was thinking more of Hitler being appointed Chancellor by von Hindenburg after losing to him for the Presidency.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Haha, what a piece of poo poo. So he's not Obama, he's Bill Clinton without the charm. Welp. The French left has five years to get its poo poo together, at least.

Nah, Le Pen will get a super majority.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

More likely than the French left getting poo poo done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Why is the Eiffel Tower separate from the personification of France...? :raise:

• Locked thread