Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

I crave this so that my Instagram experience may be as pure as possible http://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/

BEEP BOOP 1920 BY 1920 RESOLUTION BEEP BEEP BEEP MORE EFFICIENT VIEWING OF DATA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

a bigass 3:2 would be pretty cool

or you know

make 16:10 great again

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Jimmy Carter posted:

I crave this so that my Instagram experience may be as pure as possible http://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/

This is p good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dispensing software and POS software I use at work is designed for 1:1 and the window doesnt change and using it on 1:1 is badass and cool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Bloody posted:

staring at a pair of LS24E20s how hosed am i op

pretty bad

VGA only

UK only (meaning it has low power requirements or some other EU regulation on it that makes it worse)

no reviews or charts online so you know it's not even worth making fun of

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

those can't be worse than what my employer came up with, the viewsonic va2465smh

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

carry on then posted:

viewsonic smh

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i have a dell p2715q at work. it's good.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
there are some unironically good benq 2k ips monitors at the moment

not eizo good but enough to do office work and basic photo stuff with ok viewing angles and no blatantly wrong colours good, with acceptable build quality at rock bottom price

ofc given it's benq they had to gently caress something up but right now that something is just having a usb2 hub instead of a usb3 hub and bundling cables for vga/dvi instead of dp or hdmi

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i have a 32" benq 4k and the contrast is poo poo for some reason, otherwise p solid ips monitor, good color, etc

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

im getting a Samsung S24E65UXW i think so i can have another 1920x1200 with an ok response time

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

benqq

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Pixel QI

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

my goth gf posted:

BEEP BOOP 1920 BY 1920 RESOLUTION BEEP BEEP BEEP MORE EFFICIENT VIEWING OF DATA

but will it improve my kdr in overwatch??

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

carry on then posted:

those can't be worse than what my employer came up with, the viewsonic va2465smh

my current office has a million surplus Compaq 20" monitors with 1680x1050 native res so guess what everyone has on their desks

not sure how exactly; the SOE has been lenobo for years now

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

pagancow posted:

UK only (meaning it has low power requirements or some other EU regulation on it that makes it worse)

fun fact: when Apple Thunderbolt displays were on sale, they still manufactured and sold the old Cinema Display model (with the miniDisplayPort connectors) for the sole purpose of selling in China because they have wacky energy consumption regulations.

Another thing that consumers in the China market demand: LCD TVs that don't ripple when you touch the panel.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

~Coxy posted:

my current office has a million surplus Compaq 20" monitors with 1680x1050 native res so guess what everyone has on their desks

my current lab has a million surplus 1024x768 screens that were already trash tier in 2008 and a smattering of the cheapest possible 1440x900s

guess what everyone had on their office desk until i complained enough to get benqq 2k screens (you see it's cost savings because lovely screens are good enough to look at numbers and graphs on test equipment we bought so all of them remain in use there) to prevent collective suicide

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

~Coxy posted:

not sure how exactly; the SOE has been lenobo for years now

if those are the same panels Dell was making their 16:10 20" screens from 10 years ago then they are fairly good

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

okay see those are old monitors they have laying around

here they did a $5 million complete remodel of a workspace including brand new everything, and that's what they came up with

i can visibly see the ghosting on a new monitor in 2017

smh indeed

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
pagancow pls help, everytime i take my dumb Asus MX279H monitor that I have calibrated to look good and not like utter dogshit, idiots keep switching it to "gaming" mode to get better performance despite it not making a difference, telling them that they are dumb and wrong doesn't seem to work

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

pagancow pls help, everytime i take my dumb Asus MX279H monitor that I have calibrated to look good and not like utter dogshit, idiots keep switching it to "gaming" mode to get better performance despite it not making a difference, telling them that they are dumb and wrong doesn't seem to work

lock the menu

idiots who think gaming mode is good will be too dumb to rtfm and find out how to unlock it

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

source: it's me, i'm the idiot

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

change the osd language, hope they can't find the setting for modo videojuego

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

so what's the quantum dot jazz about, de-marketified?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cinci zoo sniper posted:

so what's the quantum dot jazz about, de-marketified?

i have samsung cfg70 which is some quantum dot 144hz, it looks good but im an idiot pleb so what do i know. but i don't think it's really much different than a good IPS screen. also it was the only monitor that was 144hz and not TN garbage since TN is unbearably bad. supposedly it is like 15% of srgb gamut or whatever, but only 350 nits. whatever those terms mean

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat that is a sweet rear end screen you've got there. how does the curvature feel? as for nits and srgb, thats brightness and colour. 350 is p deece, and 15% sounds off - their page advertises 125%, which is p deece too. probably does hit neither of these numbers in real world, but it still should be way above average.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

and yeah there is drought of non-tn 144hz screens. acer, asus, and benq have like 2 each, and thats about it i think. even less when you separate freesync and gsync

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I am forced two use two 19" tn 1280x1024 screens mounted on arms that can't be positioned correctly and I want to die

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I am forced two use two 19" tn 1280x1024 screens mounted on arms that can't be positioned correctly and I want to die

lmao

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i have a 27" imac and U2412m at work , its pretty nice

everyone else in the office has dual 1080p, even the secretary

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that's our government! *stares at camera* *laugh track*

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
New monitors should have simulated degaussing, with a variety of textures and styles to choose from.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

compiz-config "screen constantly degaussing, over and over again" plugin

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

if those are the same panels Dell was making their 16:10 20" screens from 10 years ago then they are fairly good

I googled the model # and nope (TN panel with CCFL; 250 cd/m2)

oh, they are technically 22", no wonder the pixels are so hueg

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow this is my monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2715H

been using the color profile for my old one for years and just noticed hehehe

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

At its annual Next@Acer event, Acer formally introduced the Predator X27, its new flagship gaming display. The company's first HDR monitor, the Predator X27 is Acer's implementation of NVIDIA's prototype HDR monitor design, which we first saw back at CES 2017. So like NVIDIA's prototype, Acer is aiming for the top with this monitor, offering 4K, HDR, a wide color gamut, and a high refresh rate all in a single display. Unfortunately for those of you eager to shell out for the Rolls-Royce of gaming monitors, you'll have to wait a bit longer; Acer is not announcing a release date or a price at this time.

By the numbers, the Predator X27 offers a 4K resolution, a 144 Hz refresh rate, a 1000-nits brightness, and uses a quantum dot film to enable HDR10 and the DCI-P3 color gamut. To further appeal to gamers, the Predator X27 also supports NVIDIA’s G-Sync HDR technology as well as Tobii eye-tracking. The new unit is one of a few announced 4K displays to support such a high refresh rate along with HDR10 and NVIDIA’s G-Sync HDR technology.

The Acer Predator X27 is based on AU Optronics’ M270QAN02.2 AHVA panel with a 3840×2160 resolution, 178°/178° horizontal/vertical viewing angles, up to 1,000 nits brightness, a 4 ms response time and a 144 Hz refresh rate. The monitor comes with a direct LED backlighting system with 384 zones, which ensures both high brightness as well as better contrast ratios through localized dimming. The backlighting system is further enhanced with a quantum dot film in order to give the monitor wide color gamut capabilities, allowing it to display 96% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, which pairs up nicely with its HDR support via the HDR10 format. Finally, the Predator X27 features NVIDIA's G-Sync HDR variable refresh rate technology.

To take full advantage of the Predator X27 monitor, gamers are going to need an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card with a DisplayPort 1.4 connector. NVIDIA & Acer are using every bit of bandwidth offered by DisplayPort 1.4 here, and even that's not enough; the X27's bandwidth requirements actually exceed what DisplayPort can provide. As a result the monitor (like all monitors based on the NVIDIA design) will use 4:2:2 chroma subsampling when gaming to stay within the bandwidth confines of DisplayPort 1.4. Meanwhile as you might expect, the display's lone HDMI 2.0 port is limited to 60Hz operation. In addition, expect the display to require a USB cable to control the Tobii eye-tracking hardware.

i guess you'll need $2k worth of gpus to get any sort of decent framerate on this. Nice stats and i've seen em way uglier but lol at i420.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i guess you'll need $2k worth of gpus to get any sort of decent framerate on this. Nice stats and i've seen em way uglier but lol at i420.
you won't pull a stable 4k@144 in any game where you may want 4k resolution. heck, even stable 1440p@144 is barely possible in most scenarios

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

lol @ having "HDR" with 4:2:2 subsampling

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you won't pull a stable 4k@144 in any game where you may want 4k resolution. heck, even stable 1440p@144 is barely possible in most scenarios

out of curiosity, would SLI-ing like 4 1080ti cards together be able to come even close to driving that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

out of curiosity, would SLI-ing like 4 1080ti cards together be able to come even close to driving that?

no. sli performance gains are far from linear, and sli is bad tech both as such, and specifically for using more than 2 modern cards at one. dual 1080ti will get your witcher 3 up to 70ish average frames per second in 4k

• Locked thread