Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i fukin love ach dee are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

for ppl who look at monitors all day y'all seem to be real fast to buy the fast food of monitors and put corn syrup (VLC) all over it and then wonder why every movie is bad

yes transformers f8 of the car drivers spider mans 16 was bad because it was watched on a scrub tier screen

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I have some 27" dell US and it's good.
thank you for reading

I still want a yoscolorimeter :colbert:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

model name so i can shame

unable to comply

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I am forced two use two 19" tn 1280x1024 screens mounted on arms that can't be positioned correctly and I want to die

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that's our government! *stares at camera* *laugh track*

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow this is my monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2715H

been using the color profile for my old one for years and just noticed hehehe

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

either that or grandpa is complaining about 48fps

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

don't use that its gamer garbage

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

great! youre the first person to buy a monitor and not look like an idiot

you miss the landing by not profiling it right away out of the box

Try again next time!

[INSERT COIN]

it makes my video james look very nice thank you

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

that you'll die lonely

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'll be the immediate sagging of the side monitors and AND the graphics card melting through the floor

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

what monitors do i want for workin at home doing non-graphical things

is it these: dell p2417h

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

surebet posted:

i quite enjoyed that family of display doing financial/operations/coding, i had a set of smaller p2217hs at my last gig:

they lack a few features but for the price they're amazing

there's a healthy refurb market out there, if you're not in a hurry wait a bit and keep an eye on prices
cool thanks

Perplx posted:

I'd do at least 27" 1440p in 2017
i have that for my main non-workin screen. i'm probably going to get a pos laptop from work and just plug 2x24" monitors in and have a separate little desk and kb/etc

basically i want to be able to stop working and shitpost with the least amount of effort

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

lol dont click it is actively delivering malware and auto downloading JS files saying "your chrome is out of date!"

not if you block ads :smugdog:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

qirex posted:

my work got me a new monitor! :unsmith:

it's a 20" 1600x900 edge-lit hp from 2012 :smith:

better than mine

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

does nobody read a single thing i put on here?

Average frame brightness doesn't change, its just specular highlights and other impossible exposure scenarios like unlit rooms with windows to sunny daylight outside.

yes surely everyone will follow the standards

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I set my tv to vivid sport mode and turn all the options to max

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

sound comes out of the tv speakers and a Bluetooth sound bar at the same time because more sound is better

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

if they didn't want us to turn everything up to 100 we wouldn't have the option :colbert:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

~Coxy posted:

set the TV volume to 0 and try to train up your wife on using the other remote for volume

only an idiot would pay for speakers they don't use

plus the delay really widens the soundstage and warms my bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

surebet posted:

boring office display chat: friend of a friend wants an external display for their mbp 2015 for non-color sensitive work, is there something better out there than a dell p2317h in the $150-$200 range?

that’s the most reasonable afaik. I might pick up two cheap dells that have hdmi input when I work from home

e: two weeks :swoon:

• Locked thread