Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

pagancow posted:

i will not talk to you unles you're planning on buying one of these

Dell UP2718q

27"

1000 nit display

HDR10

3840x2160

Rec 709, sRGB, Adobe RGB, P3, and rec.2020 color space switchable

$1,999.99
i think u forgot the no poors rule. what u want is

dell up3017q

30" 4K OLED, for just $3500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

in my experience 4k monitors also have a big qa issue w/ bright pixels. idk how much that applies to oled tho.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i have a 32" benq 4k and the contrast is poo poo for some reason, otherwise p solid ips monitor, good color, etc

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

pagancow posted:

also keep on topic, 1,000 nit brightness monitors are going to be a bare minimum for looking at any content in like 2 years, why would you want to buy another monitor in 2 years unless you're buying a burner or something?
broled

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Mometors.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ted hitler posted:

Is kodi a better option than vlc? Asking for a friend.

Any thoughts on the new $600 TCL 55P607 55" as a stopgap measure until better high end TVs are released in 2019. It has about 600 "nits".
infuse. you want infuse

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

(assuming you're using an apple tv)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

"little-known Japan-based company named Eizo" go gently caress yourself digital trends

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Since we aren’t familiar with the rest of Eizo’s monitor lineup, we’re going to refer to this unorthodox thing as simply the FlexScan.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

proper 4k is WQUXGA 3840×2400
choooOOOOOOOME!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Maximum Leader posted:

its actually very useful for panorama pictures
stymie ur logged into ur parachute here man