Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

kind of surprised this is public info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
confession time: I bought a 27inch 4k/UHD asus "gaming" monitor for programming with.

any dark scene is impossible to see, even in a dark room. if the sun is out forget it, even with the blinds closed. no UI i've thrown at it scales properly and it's impossible to read tiny fonts. so all those pixels are totally wasted.

dumbest purchase i've ever made.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

cinci zoo sniper posted:

not sure what's on with dark scene in dark room tho, that poo poo is figured out. just find least-bad "preset" and then gently caress it up further, maybe get a calibration config somewhere on the internet

i think pagancow would say something about the gamer trash monitor having a bad panel / backlight / we. idk how that poo poo works. it was only $300 so i'm not super upset but still kicking myself for not doing at least a little bit of research.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

cinci zoo sniper posted:

??? $300 27" 4K? from asus?? what on earth did you even buy lol

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB287Q-3840x2160-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B00KJGY3TO?th=1

i guess it was $400 (and 28")

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the two asus gamertrash 27" 4Ks are sure gamertrash, but the panels are more than enough to display your monokai-themed ide in any light condition that isn't a directed projector beam. but neither of them is cheaper than $800

yeah this thing is garbage, i definitely have serious issues reading code during the daytime. nighttime is ok.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Vintersorg posted:

oh yeah, reading on this - it's a TN panel

poo poo colours, poo poo viewing angles, etc.

http://techreport.com/review/26510/4k-for-649-asus-pb287q-monitor-reviewed

e: sorry bro, return it and get a BenQ 27" IPS

e: BenQ GW2765HT

return window already closed, i'm stuck with it for life

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
forgive me thread, for i have sinned. it's been 3 months since my last transgression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I am selling my dumb 4k gaming monitor and bought a 34" ultrawide and it owns owns owns

• Locked thread