Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I crave this so that my Instagram experience may be as pure as possible http://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

pagancow posted:

UK only (meaning it has low power requirements or some other EU regulation on it that makes it worse)

fun fact: when Apple Thunderbolt displays were on sale, they still manufactured and sold the old Cinema Display model (with the miniDisplayPort connectors) for the sole purpose of selling in China because they have wacky energy consumption regulations.

Another thing that consumers in the China market demand: LCD TVs that don't ripple when you touch the panel.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you won't pull a stable 4k@144 in any game where you may want 4k resolution. heck, even stable 1440p@144 is barely possible in most scenarios

out of curiosity, would SLI-ing like 4 1080ti cards together be able to come even close to driving that?

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Instant Grat posted:

set a monitor with 200% scaling as your main, log out

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

RISCy Business posted:

hmmmmm... don't understand any of this but i bet it sucks

tl;dr if you're filming things for Netflix Originals you have to shoot in 4K (not "4K" but actually 4096 pixels across), and you can't use anything other than pro-tier cameras. Checksum all your footage and keep a bunch of backups. You have to keep everything organized and your dailies have to be in a certain format.

People who do these things for a living shouldn't have a problem with these; that being said Netflix still has problems with poo poo like movie studios burning in subtitles and delivering Russian audio when it should be Hebrew.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
monitor manufacturers just cut the already-priced LCD glass differently. Samsung has a 3840x1080 monitor that's essentially made from cutting a panel that would go to a 4K TV in half.

better example:
LG makes this 58:9 monstrosity that they're putting into Verizon stores now

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
welp. the backlight is starting to get all wonky and uneven on the $300 27” LCD I got 5 years ago from MicroCenter back when people first discovered that you could buy the Apple Cinema Display panels wrapped in no-name Korean brands for dirt cheap. I’m shocked this thing lasted this long, I was expecting a cap to blow after 18 months, yet here we are.

I’m guessing the Dell 24” 4K is the way to go these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
oh hlel yes finally a monitor to view footage from my Red Epic-W 8K natively.

Too bad no operating system can

[quote="“Shaggar”" post="“476331366”"]
who the heck is still using windows 7?
[/quote]

friends who work in global ad agencies

• Locked thread