Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

16:9 is a good monitor ratio

for a clown to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if you call dell they will reinstate the warranty from your amazon purchase date. they do this automatically w/ some retailers.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Instant Grat posted:

ye but you still gotta designate one monitor as the "main", and things turn poo poo when you stick a window on a monitor that has a different scaling to the main one

visual studio gets blurry, the lil extension pop-up windows in chrome (for my email checker and poo poo) stop working right, etc

vs changes fine from monitor to monitor and chome is garbage that you shouldn't use

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
dell doesn't make a good 4k monitor yet, and afaik nobody else does either.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
windows does hidpi fine, the problem is 16x9 is a poverty ratio for tvs and is not suited to computing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

imac 5k hth

lmao no. "5k" cant cover up poverty ratio.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
16:9 is trash for trash people. 16:10 is the one true ratio

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
proper 4k is WQUXGA 3840×2400

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

eschaton posted:

I assume Shaggar hates the Dell 8K too because of the ratio

it could be 80k and cost $50 and the ratio would still make it trash

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah of course you do cause 16:9 is awful to use especially on a device you're looking at for hours every day.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

:swoon:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I thought 60hz 4k requires hdmi 2

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
who the heck is still using windows 7?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no we're on win 10 at work. we give out xps15s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I don't know anyone who has windows 10 at work, like anywhere

looking at other companies we do work w/ in the healthcare industry the providers are still on xp/7 and the insurers/ehrs are on 10 or moving to 10.

• Locked thread