Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Yup. You invade planets by shipping an equal population of your own people over, and *everybody* fights.

That's how you can tell this game was made by Klingons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Thotimx posted:

Definitely better than they were, but I wouldn't get carried away. I would still rate the Psilons as the only contender. But if we can keep growing, the bugs definitely have a chance. Which would be good. I don't want a third insect playthrough.

Given how much of a challenge the Klackons have been, how many tries do you think it'll take to win with the Bulrathi?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

my dad posted:

________________/

Since when have the Bulrathi belonged to House Harkonnen?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

a computing pun posted:

I like the way it has what appear to be Alkari claws on the shoulderpads.

Also, it's a little late, but oh my god the shining chrome Alkari soldier has nothing on the Alkari spy in terms of silliness. Pitch-black clothing completely devoid of contour? Check. Permanently squinting suspicious eye? Check. Holding a folder which appears to have "TOP SECRET" written on it in crayon? Check. Who were they spying on, Dr. Evil?

The actual Alkari spies are the pigeons you wouldn't look twice at. They just hire a performance artist to deliver their reports. I think he might be the rare Alkari Mime.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
First contact with the Bulrathi is predicted to go well.

Though early diplomacy may not proceed as planned...

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I think my favorite part of the Mrrshan soldier's armor is the fact that it has a rather large spiked ball at the end of the tail. Their, presumably at least partially powered, armor has a freaking massive mace built in just so they can do SOMETHING with an armored tail.
I love that they have somehow managed to out-40K 40K itself.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Thotimx posted:

It is(I'm not too far into the next game, but I have started it). Darlok nominations are still open though! Hopefully not for too much longer, since that'll mean I'm actually going to win this time and get to the final race.

If the game gives you enough characters, I'd like to suggest that our Darlok leader be Emperor Classified from planet Classified.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Our spy bears are trained in the finest spy school.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Bribery sounds more like the Darlok way, but with this being (hopefully!) the final run, I do think you should make sure you take Orion first, one last time.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Omobono posted:

Is the spoiler a thing in this game? I don't really recall it; then again, last time I played Original MoO was a long time ago.

Not in this game. There's a weapon called the Stellar Convertor but it's just a big gun, it can't blow up planets like in MoO2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Deathwind posted:

Might I suggest Alien Legacy? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Legacy

It appears to be right up your alley.

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh man, that reminds me of Reunion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reunion_(video_game) Now there's a weird game. It's primarily real-time strategy, but also has some adventure game elements, and some ships need to be flown in first person, like transport fleets, rather than you being able to just command them to go places and do things. Or possibly I just never figured out how to command them otherwise as a kid.
I loved Reunion back when I was a kid! It's a terrible game, but quite charming, and I think it'd benefit from a good LP treatment. I'd love to see that or Alien Legacy if it's similar.

Failing that, it really is a crime that Theme Hospital hasn't had the LP treatment. Paging Doctor Thotimx!