Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Thotimx posted:

EPISODE I
Psilons, 1st Attempt
The one above and to the right of us right by the 'hand cursor' is too close I think; one advantage the player has is a 'safe zone' around their homeworld.

Not always. I've had a start where the only colonizable planet in range was frikken Orion itself. That one stands out in my mind, though I know it is a massive exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Christ. And this is why I'm glad games like Civ (and later 4X games) allowed you to disable certain victory conditions.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

berryjon posted:

Not always. I've had a start where the only colonizable planet in range was frikken Orion itself. That one stands out in my mind, though I know it is a massive exception.

First page comment!

Though you're a far better player than I, and I think you can pull this off.

At least this means that when you're ready, taking Orion won't mean moving your fleet away from your empire.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have a project in the works for a very old game which is going to do what you were thinking. A link at the top of the post going "Here is this update in video format", followed by a SSLP post.

So go for it, and if you feel like you need some random Goon to talk to over videos, I can throw my hat in the ring!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

One more vote for the 'Videos are actually pretty good, please continue!' pile.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Still loving the videos!

Man, you really seem to be stuck in the corner a lot.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

rchandra posted:

What are the conditions for the Council recessing?

Certain minimal population limits, IIRC, and that at least once person can talk to everyone else.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Xenocides posted:

Orion counts as a habitable planet for this check. This can destroy you.

As was discovered in one of the earlier rounds of this LP, and which I noted as happening long ago as to leave an impression.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

ManxomeBromide posted:

I could believe it for the Bulrathis or the Mrrshan, really.

Thank you. I am now convinced that all diplomatic meetings between the two species start like that memetic scene from Castlevania, where the Ambassador is Richter(?) and the Emperor is Dracula.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I'm beginning to wonder if you've researched or stole more stuff over the course of this game.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

*applause*

Well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

If you do decide to do Homeworld, please do Remastered. If you do do Classic instead, then be wary of the very low resolution it runs at and how you process your videos. I ran into that problem myself a few times while doing those games all those years ago. Well, four years ago, but you know how it is.