Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Do you have to refit your ships to take advantages of improved technologies (things like armour)?

Do techs that you choose to put off ever go away, or can you always get them later? I assume that when you have two versions of the same thing (like Improved Industrial Tech above), you don't need to get both of them.

Enjoying this. I liked poking at MoO2 over the years, but was never good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Is there any chance of destroying a couple of Bulrathi planets immediately before the Council vote, to lower their number of delegates below veto?

Amazing game, and amazing level of patience.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Thotimx posted:

I always thought this portrait was particularly overdone. Does the armor really need to gleam like Sir Lancelot's??

Count your blessings, the way the other portraits are it could have been bikini mail...

Congratulations, nice game.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Thotimx posted:

Yep. Wouldn't be that high-risk at all really, but I'd probably just bribe the crap out of the Darloks, and take/destroy as many Sakkra systems as I could while still leaving them in the #1 spot. That'd probably be enough to win the next vote.

Just continue to play with your food as you devour it all.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

What are the conditions for the Council recessing?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Thotimx posted:

Thanks. I don't think the voting takes into consideration relative strength or being close to a nominee or any other such thing. It's pretty much 'everyone was at war with Klaquan, therefore they hate them, therefore they are voting against them regardless of all other concerns'.

As well they shouldn't. If the AIs were trying to win, the Council would be pointless.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Thotimx posted:

But … I did it with the Sakkra. Does that not count for some reason? Another problem with the biowarfare thing is that it's a super-late-game thing by nature(because you need BioTerminators and you need them to be quite miniaturized in order to make it happen). Other than computing, we're at mid-game tech here.

At some point the OP (or followups) could use links to each race's game(s).

War. I feel like the Darloks are willing to play the long con, doing business while never forgiving for being initially disliked. Someday you'll show them all!

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Heroes of Might and Magic III!

I guess MoO2 is my second choice.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Do you need a new colonizer design for each type of planet (toxic/radiated/dead) etc or is Dead a catch-all for "planets that need tech"? I feel like this was mentioned in an early game, but I couldn't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

How does the orderly mind of the Borg feel about Matrix170 being disorderly by missing that one space?

Abandon and recolonize! (I'm assuming that doesn't work)