Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Libluini posted:

It's probably the first space 4x with a ship Designer. Though to be fair, it was a rather rudimentary one: YouTube had sliders for engines, armor and weapons, which determined what kind of design you would gerne
There even was a system of building up Tech Levels to get larger hull sizes.

Was this user posting a) drunk 2) with a drunk auto-correct µ) as German? Stay tuned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I've never played MoO 1 on the hardest difficulty, but is there some game-mechanical reason you're not using spies to help the Silicoid's lovely research, or are you waiting to show it off in the Darlok run?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Let's be meklar next.

Meklar Combine representative ATK-421 agrees with proposal; efficiency and extermination of non-robotic life is essential. Beep boop.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

oystertoadfish posted:

i forget if i've unlurked to be nice at any point so i'll do it now; thanks for the good lp, i like how this whole lp has a consistent approach and fleshes out the strategy behind the game across a number of play-throughs. it's good

I will second this as well; I really like it that you're showing off multiple races and explaining in a decent amount of detail what the different strategies and pit-falls are, Thotimx! This is a great LP to follow and I hope you get to show off even the scrub tier races without The LP Curse striking :spooky: :ohdear:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Thotimx posted:

Our first look at the human spy. As crappy as this is, it's our first ECM. So that's something.

Come on

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Wayne posted:

* At least it's not as bad as one time when I got referred to a "how-to" video for maxing population in MOO2, and the guy somehow found multiple terran and gaia planets in his neighboring solar systems. I didn't even know gaias showed up without monsters guarding them!

I may be conflating NuMoo and MoO2 as it's been a few years since my last binge on the latter, but I think they do show up occasionally, though obviously not as the 25m max pop u-rich ones like the monsters guard. The galaxy age slider also affects this, surely. That said, it does sound like your guy used a trainer of some sort :v:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I feel bad for all those lizard-folk stuck waiting around in the reserve colony ships, potentially for decades :ohdear:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Thotimx posted:

A year too late, as Altair was destroyed from orbit. Down to 8 planets, and 180 million Sakkra died because I couldn't get the shield upgrade one turn sooner.

I realize it's the game mechanics of them not wanting to deal with multiple races in one empire, but holy poo poo this game is full Hitler full time :stare:

Also the stellar converter doesn't seem to be the ultimate middle finger it is in 2 and NuMoo, or was that just the planetary shields being that good?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

My vote is for the final order Mrrshan, Bulrathi, Darlok :catdrugs: :tbear: :doom:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

A fantastic start :allears: Here's some propaganda posters!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Kanthulhu posted:

Our scientist bird doesn't wear pants.

Neither does Donald Duck :colbert:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

We shall fight in air and in space. We shall never surrender! :hist101:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

Huh, I guess this might turn out as an anticlimactic "early" council vote win.

Anti-climactic?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Thotimx posted:

Military:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Kitty has beautiful armor tech and humans are silly to disparage it. In other news,

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Basically, we can't lose, team!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Mrrshan diplomat greets new Sakkra friend

Is super nice.

What would taste like?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

:colbert:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Thotimx posted:

Burlathi?

Kitty no spell good but is still super nice. Also your thread title has a freaking typo in it buster, even if I weren't going for adorable kitty being super spy with his crayon box :eng99:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Bears like cool shades.

The Bulrathi research division is always hard at work.

(Looking back on it, I'm not surprised there's not that many photos of actual bears in any kind of glasses...)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

All hail our dark, glowy-eyed masters :doom: Nicely done Thotimx, what a great LP!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

My votes for next LP in order of preference:

Master of Magic, but preferably with some silly handicaps/gimmicks since that game is hilariously broken :D

Master of Orion 2, just to see the contrast between that and the original. (I am much more familiar with 2 myself)

I was also going to suggest Starflight but according to wikipedia it's an RPG :(

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

You've got a [/b] instead of a [/i] early on in the update and most of it is now in italics.

E: Crap, :pcgaming: UPDATE ON PREVIOUS PAGE :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Sorry about the game though :( However, looking forward to MoO 2! Seconding the idea of playing stock races, it's more interesting that way.