Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunfall
Aug 31, 2018
Along with FrankZP's DW3 LP, this and your Creeper World 3 LPs got me to finally make an account here. So, first: thanks.

Second: bribery. We're the goddamn Darloks.

Sunfall fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunfall
Aug 31, 2018

Thotimx posted:

And so this effort crumbles to its end. I can't reliably get the game to proceed, and I'm not about to replay several years of this - I have no saves going back further - just to see if there might be the off chance to fix it. Coupled with the slowdown I was seeing, I think that MOO simply can't handle the awesomeness of my version of the Borg. They have achieved a far greater feat than defeating the Guardian, though I was much looking forward to that battle. They have corrupted space-time itself. I do regret being unable to haul this final game across the finish line, but I did give it my best try.

Something of a shame that this epic LP thread comes to a halt with a whimper rather than a bang. If you'd be willing to share your last save, we could maybe see if we could get it working in 1oom, the MOO reimplementation that follows the original game's logic as closely as possible (to a fault, in some places)... but I can understand if you'd rather just let the game rest in peace instead. I suspect you're hitting hard memory limits that the original DOS code can't overcome.

In any event, thanks for the efforts over these many months!