Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm looking forward to Outlast 2 but I feel like it's going to be as disappointing as A Machine For Pigs for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So the environments look good and they nailed the atmosphere and sound, but when does the game get good? I'm an hour and a half into it and there hasn't been much tension and the sneaking around bit kinda sucks balls. Especially when you compare it to the first game. Do I have to get out of this lovely shanty-town looking part or something? So far the game's a major disappointment.

Also the humans look pretty bad and are animated poorly.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

The scenery changes but the gameplay remains much worse than the first. Good atmosphere and somewhat Interesting story, but I'm probably 5 hours in and it's almost nothing but "run from enemy. Fail. Load. Repeat. Find where you are supposed to go."

It's basically been a test of of my patience so far. Even the scary parts get ruined by having to do them 5 times.

Well that sucks, I guess the negative reviews on Steam aren't just making poo poo up.

I've found a lot of the sections to be confusing and most seemingly throw you into situations where you have to run. There's been almost no sneaking around... it's totally confusing. They completely avoided the core mechanics of the first game. I've found so many things to hide in but I've never utilized any of them because there's no need to. How did they gently caress this up?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

So I usually die multiple times trying to find the exit.

I'm in the same boat, sometimes I'm being chased and there's absolutely no clue where I have to go. I've died a bunch because I don't see the tiny hole I need to crawl through or the chest high barricade to jump. I've come to realize that at this point in the game there's no enemies around when I just have to explore around and puzzle solve, then when there are enemies I'm forced into a chase. There's almost no stealth at all. I'm honestly so baffled. This is the "Machine for Pigs" sequel to Outlast and I'm super disappointed. On the flip side I love taking pictures of the dark and dreary set pieces. Some of the areas are just beautiful to look at with the blue lighting of the night sky and the orange glow of a fire.

The worst part of the game are these loving school sequences. They're all terrible, have nothing to do in them and worst of all they all rely on jumpscares and loud screams. I'm currently stuck in one and if anyone has the solution I'd appreciate it, I just fell down into a pit of bodies and I wake up to find a girl dead on some stairs and there's a tongue monster above her who gives chase.

I can run down the hall through some open doors but then I reach a bathroom and I'm always caught but nothing else will open? I don't get what the hell to do. This game... ugh, sucks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tenzarin posted:

Hide in the stall, crawl under the other stalls and run out. I remember the monster being invisible but morphing the ground when it was walking near the stall.

That was the solution, thanks. I just beat the game, right under 6 hours and man, this game pretty much sucks. I'm surprised how weak it is, not even just compared to the first game but as a horror game by itself it doesn't have legs to stand on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

If I'm at the part where I'm trying to shut off the power while some naked lady is chasing me around (gently caress this part btw) how much more do I have?

You're just about at the end, after that section there's one last short part.

• Locked thread