Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It still makes absolutely zero sense that he hasn't simply asked for volunteers. His actions seem nonsensical in light of his motivations, so I just found this episode confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Please, these dudes managed to consume all the information (information locusts!) generated in a 37-dimensions universe but somehow are interested in a 3-dimensional one. I mean, I guess they are really bored but this is the equivalent of them being really into playing Pong.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But having the perfect yamato nadeshiko be an anisotropic waifu was the worst part.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really understand what this show is going for. what was up with all the pretending it was about negotiation when no one ever negotiated at all?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't really understand what this show is going for. what was up with all the pretending it was about negotiation when no one ever negotiated at all?

Right? Anyone with sense would've flipped their poo poo the moment the alien decided to reconfigure the power grid as a demonstration without asking or explaining what he was doing first.

What was the point of episode zero if negotiation has become irrelevant?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
ive forgotten where the ring came from, did they ever explain it? ugh this is dumb

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jackard posted:

ive forgotten where the ring came from, did they ever explain it? ugh this is dumb

It was forged by a fallen Maia, the servant of Melkor in the fire of Orodruin during the second age.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/11dfb237-d58a-4787-97e1-37d9c0738255#HkNtsZFfXW.copy

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Please, these dudes managed to consume all the information (information locusts!) generated in a 37-dimensions universe but somehow are interested in a 3-dimensional one. I mean, I guess they are really bored but this is the equivalent of them being really into playing Pong.

Look man, kissing Shindo is worth giving up all those dimensions.

KADO: The Right Answer (is a hyperdimensional wife)

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

When your physics equations get so complex that they even take psychology into account.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
lol next episode will basically be TETSUOOOOOO!!!! yes? I basically had hopes with this episode what we'd go back to an ok ending, but the five last minutes clearly pointed otherwise.

---

On an unrelated note, there's one thing I've come to appreciate out of the 3d in this show : it basically makes it impossible art direction wise to include chibi and moe poo poo, so I'm all for more 3d in shows if it brings less of the later.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/ryo_timo/status/878208330488979456

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

StarMinstrel posted:

lol next episode will basically be TETSUOOOOOO!!!! yes? I basically had hopes with this episode what we'd go back to an ok ending, but the five last minutes clearly pointed otherwise.

---

On an unrelated note, there's one thing I've come to appreciate out of the 3d in this show : it basically makes it impossible art direction wise to include chibi and moe poo poo, so I'm all for more 3d in shows if it brings less of the later.

The 3D works really well in this show since it's relatively "low-key" in terms of movement/action, I'm a bit afraid it'll look super janky if they're gonna try and do some kind of fight scene in the last episode.
The KADO visuals continue to be really cool though.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I thought they were actually going to bring it back around with the metalworkers and actually engaging in negotiations somehow. But it just looks like they're going to punch each other in front of fractal screensavers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what a disappointing show

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They made it very clear that punching is not going to solve the problem, only give enough leverage to negotiate, which is pretty much what I was hoping for.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

when are we getting to the negotiation factory? :qq:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I just want to know The Right Answer. Is it or is it not Kado?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Kado is a strange show. The only Right Answer is to not watch it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Apparently the right answer was to shed your humanity and willingly become an extradimensional being at the cost of most of your race.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
The romance with Tsukai feels forced and out of place. I get that the two knew each other for many years, probably, so maybe there was already something brewing underneath and the crisis situation rushed it, but I still don't really like it.

Also he should kiss Hanamori and/or Zashunina

go for harem ending Shindo

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe he's going to wordlessly negotiate by locking lips with him.

"This...this is what it means to be human, ZaShunina!"

".... Absolutely disgusting. I'm going home and flipping the switch on this poo poo."

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

brainwrinkle posted:

:yeah:

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
He needs to surprise him (I did not expect information theory in my anime) to prove humanity doesn't need to be 'adjusted' to generate enough information to satisfy the anisotropic beings.

I'm going for surprise fart ending...

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I, for one, am excited to see what this wam powered frinkonomics iron man suit battle holds

Wait, scratch that, I meant I'm disappointed in the direction this show took.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Martytoof posted:

I, for one, am excited to see what this wam powered frinkonomics iron man suit battle holds

Wait, scratch that, I meant I'm disappointed in the direction this show took.

is shidou in it? is he gonna save magic ultra-dimensional negotiator?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

if we were gonna have negotiators in robots, couldn't we have had big o instead?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
let's be real here, roger smith didn't do a whole lot of negotiation either.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
wasn't the suit maid just to allow Shindo to protect himself from instant kill by anisotropic cheating so that he can talk some sense into his handsome alien ex and resolve things peacefully

i still like this show enough to be charitable and hope for the best

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

brainwrinkle posted:

I truly have no idea how it got financed.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I liked the ending other than the fact that it didn't actually explain why Shindou had to die when the daughter was evidently omnipotent. It could have easily avoided that plot hole if she just needed to take him by surprise to stop him. Also, still no negotiation. :v:

C'mon Kado, I lowered my expectations as far as possible and you still managed to disappoint me.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 30, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its nice to see fire emblem's hyperbolic kid raising time chamber get some use again, but also gently caress this show

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I uh.. don't think I get the ending here.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 30, 2017

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The reveal of Shindou's daughter was stupid enough that I liked it a lot. Overall I'm glad I watched this show, even though it could have been better.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
That was just bizarre. It retroactively worsens the earlier parts of the show because now it's apparent they have no answers for all the questions they raised.

Also I guess it's implying that souls exist? Which honestly seems like a weird tack for a show about how gods made the universe because they ran out of things to watch on TV.

I thought the show was supposed to be about negotiations? Not that it ever actually was.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah they made a big deal about how Shindou is an incredible negotiator and that's why they were letting him negotiate for the alien but they kinda forgot about that once he started giving out toys.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

It would have been much better with a little horror and more negotiations.

Meditation with a cosmic horror could have been fun.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

The final few episodes were watchable but they sure ruined this show. Sorry for using the term, but I feel the show troped itself to some sort of horrible cliche hell instead of surpassing expectations, even though it had such promise.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was...interesting only because of how nonsensical that was. Someone actually wrote out that entire script and said yeah, that makes sense, let's send it to production.

Why would the anisotropic devices stop working without kado? The whole point was that ZaShunina revealed underlying principles of physics that allowed them to take advantage of the devices.

Unless somehow the poo poo he gave them were effectively backdoored bootlegs that only worked with his permission.

It seemed more like ZaShunina just went insane from his exposure to humanity...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Yes he pretty much did go crazy, because he couldn't handle the emotions that he started developing and experiencing due to being around people.

I have conflicting feelings about the show now that it's over. It was an interesting ride, and I don't mind the reveal of the omnipotent daughter, but I hoped for a better ending for Yahakui and Shindo, and not just because they should've kissed damnit. Just wanted them to talk it out somehow and part ways peacefully :(

RottenK fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 30, 2017

• Locked thread