Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Well episode 5 was interesting. I figured the solution to Japan's present pickle would be tied up in not thinking about the Wam as a scarce resource, since who possesses them is only relevant if they exist in limited numbers. But I thought they'd so something like hand them over and then our anisotropic friend would just produce more and give them out to different countries/institutions individually. (At which point exact numbers become irrelevant since each one produces functionally unlimited energy.)

I didn't think they'd go so far as to make it something that anyone with sufficient training could cook up in their living room.

Hidingo Kojimba fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Heck, the show itself had the professor guy state that suddenly introducing unlimited energy to the world could have huge knock-on effects on the Earth's ecosystem if not properly managed so I'm pretty sure the show is aware of the potential for bad things to happen.

• Locked thread