Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that Za is testing humanity, there doesn't appear to be any upside to him giving us his little infinite energy generators beyond seeing how we react. Also I like the parallel between Za's pretty little glass beads and certain negotiations with the American Indians that did not turn out at all well for the party that accepted the glass beads, I have no idea if that reference is intentional but if it is it's really clever.

Hot drat.

Yeah I've been pretty suspicious that something is a little too good to be true; I have a hard time seeing a potentially godlike being thinking just giving us free stuff is in anyway a good idea for our well being. Think about the societal ramifications being suddenly plunged into a post-scarcity society would bring; it could even be catastrophic without preptime to make the switch.

Basically I feel like, advancement we didn't earn ourselves as a civilization to at least some degree I feel like can be more damaging in the long run. It would make sense to me if he would offer to be our "tutors" to gradually get a grasp on it as it would give our society time to adapt while still speeding it up.

But it sounds like to me that his goal is a possible crossover or merger of his realm and ours; this could be potentially be very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread