Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Isn't it too early for a recap episode, it's really not hard to remember what happened so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I don't have time to watch the new episode right now, can someone tell me if it had any new scenes? considering skipping it

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Blhue posted:

naw you're safe

Thank you :)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Nephthys posted:

I kind of don't know how to feel if it is just straight up benevolence.

That'd be pretty great because "actually there's no twist" is a twist on its own by now, and also a story about humanity being uplifted by a benevolent but alien creature that struggles with understanding us is interesting in its own right.

I'm all for spending the rest of the season watching anisotropic Jesus and the human race interact with and react to each other.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Those are all reasonable concerns. Maybe they don't have a chance to ask him much? He has specific goals that he announces, and he doesn't really interact with people without consulting Shindo or having him present, it's possible that Japanese representatives aren't asking him questions that aren't directly related to whatever's his topic of the day out of worry that this will somehow throw a wrench into the negotiations?

Or maybe the plot just doesn't care, that's possible too.

I read 4chan discussions about KADO, and apparently in the spin-off manga Shindo did ask the alien about his true goals, but Yaha-kui politely dodged the question with a platitude.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
This can potentially go real bad from now on, but the show was good enough before the twists that I'll give it a chance.

Unrelated, but I'm glad that she show has openly stated that Shindo has both guys and ladies in love with him. Also apparently there's an interview that says that anisotropic Jesus has developed feelings for him too? I saw it on 4chan but didn't have the time to check.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I just wonder what's next. Peaceful resolution seems unlikely, for obvious reasons, but it'd be super weird if after the rest of the show it now suddenly decided to end with a big JRPG battle against a god.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Episode 10 was pretty good. I'm not in favor of some things that happened, but it was interesting.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
The romance with Tsukai feels forced and out of place. I get that the two knew each other for many years, probably, so maybe there was already something brewing underneath and the crisis situation rushed it, but I still don't really like it.

Also he should kiss Hanamori and/or Zashunina

go for harem ending Shindo

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
wasn't the suit maid just to allow Shindo to protect himself from instant kill by anisotropic cheating so that he can talk some sense into his handsome alien ex and resolve things peacefully

i still like this show enough to be charitable and hope for the best

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Yes he pretty much did go crazy, because he couldn't handle the emotions that he started developing and experiencing due to being around people.

I have conflicting feelings about the show now that it's over. It was an interesting ride, and I don't mind the reveal of the omnipotent daughter, but I hoped for a better ending for Yahakui and Shindo, and not just because they should've kissed damnit. Just wanted them to talk it out somehow and part ways peacefully :(

RottenK fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 30, 2017

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
For some reason I glossed over it while watching but jesus Hanamori got it bad. The man he loved had a child with another person, left him to raise the child for 16 years in isolation from the rest of the world and then died. This is awful.

Poor guy deserved better. And IMO the same goes for the alien, he was bonkers and dangerous but the ending still felt too cruel.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
man i still had a good time wathing this despite the flaws but KADO could've been so much better

potential unfulfilled hurts more than outright badness

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
what's the point of reading a thread about a show that you don't watch, especially if you quit it early on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
16 years

• Locked thread