Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah the show is showing a lot of promise and I went through all the questions asked in this thread myself, and seeing how well the series has handled things so far I expect the answer not to be a simple he's trying to exploit humanity by making us dependant. I mean, executed well I wouldn't mind it because it can make for good drama, especially if there's some sort of interesting wrinkle about it from Za's perspective. This show is displaying some promise about presenting challenging questions and moral dilemmas in a well-thought manner.

I mean, the fact we're even asking these questions in this thread shows that the show is doing something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would actually make this decision, Even assuming infinite resources and no strife people will have resentment towards each other and Jesus Christ those things can destroy the entire planet by one angry person with enough resources (Probably nowhere as many as producing a single nuclear warhead).

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

You have to appreciate that they went through the effort of

actually drawing and coming up with a logical? route for Kado even thought that was completely unnecessary for the series.

Kado/w/e might not be malevolent. But at some point you're losing what it means to be human and that is the same as killing them off.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

The final few episodes were watchable but they sure ruined this show. Sorry for using the term, but I feel the show troped itself to some sort of horrible cliche hell instead of surpassing expectations, even though it had such promise.

• Locked thread